smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com is a browser hijacker that can take over the home page upon installation of relevant add-on. This type of adware aims to boost traffic to its own web site. Unlike other search hijacker like Ominent Search and MetaCrawler Search, smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com is utilizing a secured search engine of Google. Therefore, we can attest that results from this site are safe to visit.
Even though smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com search results are reliable, some computer users are still worried with its presence. It could be due to the aggressive technique applied to deploy this program. Typically, it is wrapped to freeware and shareware that you may download from certain web sites. Without your consent, smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com add-on will also be inserted into the computer alongside the downloaded freeware. Two programs were installed even though you only allowed one.
Main reason why own search is created is mainly to popularize the main web site. Second to that, it also aims to gain web traffic by setting smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com as the home page of user. This approach is compelling in which most computer users are not compatible with. Thus, instead of keeping the program, they just end-up removing smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com from the browser. Some even think that the hijacking is caused by a deadly virus attacking their computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com:
|No Issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Nov 22, 2013|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No issues||Updated: Nov 22, 2013|
|Currently safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Nov 22, 2013|
smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of smartwebsearch.mysearchsocial.com on the affected browser.
Post Last Modified On January 18, 2014