SmartOnes is a malicious program that can interfere with your Internet browsing activity. It will show pop-up ads, coupons, deals, and discount for irrelevant products. This commercial contents coming from SmartOnes affiliates may be useful to others, but worthless to many who are not inclined to online shopping. Some computer users who get in touch with SmartOnes deemed it as part of virus activity.
In the presence of SmartOnes, it attached itself to known browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox without user’s consent. In short, instant appearance of SmartOnes coupons or ads comes as a surprise, especially if user has no involvement in the installation.
Normally, freeware is the main source of this adware. Free programs are packed together with SmartOnes so that both runs in single installation process. What user don’t know is adware is being installed, not only the preferred software. SmartOnes coupons and comparison intends to give online shoppers a tool to balance on online deals and get the best offer. Coupons and savings are also provided as a pop-up and will appear when user is browsing online shopping sites.
If you feel that SmartOnes is not in any way helpful, we suggest removing it from the computer. It may have other purpose like recording some of your browsing data that may lead to identity theft.
Online Security Scanner Report for smartonestheword.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Aug. 11, 2014|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Aug. 11, 2014|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Aug. 11, 2014|
How to Remove SmartOnes Adware
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall SmartOnes
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove SmartOnes entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to SmartOnes. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted SmartOnes from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of SmartOnes on the affected browser.