Smartcaptchasolve.top is a domain that is involved in the intrusive pop-up ads operation. It can exhibit different kinds of advertisements on the browser, especially pop-ups originating from the push notification area. Web users who are bothered by Smartcaptchasolve.top pop-ups may have carelessly gave authorization to access the push notification feature of the browser program. By doing so, people behind Smartcaptchasolve.top will abuse the feature to deliver pop-ups on the browser containing malicious links.
How web users arrived on Smartcaptchasolve.top?
The questionable website was not designed to be a typical site that any web users can freely visit. You can try visiting Smartcaptchasolve.top and what you will see is some type of blank page. That being said, the site has some specific pages that web users get redirected to, after visiting the source site. Most web users claim that Smartcaptchasolve.top suddenly appears in their browser when accessing sites that are involved in media or software piracy.
During the first visit to the doubtful site, it will display a prompt “Smartcaptchasolve.top wants to show notifications.” This is a straightforward request to authorize it to access the push notification feature. The moment that online user grants this request, Smartcaptchasolve.top will immediately abuse the said browser function to display aggressive advertisements on the browser.
The risks of Smartcaptchasolve.top pop-up
Although the pop-up is not deemed hazardous, it can lead to various computer issues when accessed. It contains links that can forward the browser to sites that can automatically download adware like InitialWebTool, StandardNetworkSkill, and IncognitoSearchHome. The Smartcaptchasolve.top pop-up was also designed to open a browser window to other suspicious sites like Greenklick.biz, Beendreambusy.top, and the list goes on.
The only way to avoid the risks is to completely stop the pop-up. This can be done by deleting the Smartcaptchasolve.top URL from the browser settings. A full guide to accomplish this task is written in the next section. In addition, we included malware and virus scanners to check the computer for presence of adware or malware that might also be the culprit for the Smartcaptchasolve.top pop-up and redirect.
|Initial pop-up goal||Prompting web user to Allow push notification. If granted, Smartcaptchasolve.top will use this feature to send aggressive pop-up ads.|
|Website purpose||To display different kinds of malicious ads on the browser using the push notification window of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.|
|Current IP address||188.8.131.52|
Smartcaptchasolve.top Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of pop-up and redirect adware like Smartcaptchasolve.top through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Smartcaptchasolve.top, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Smartcaptchasolve.top redirect including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : Get rid of Smartcaptchasolve.top Pop-ups (Notification)
Normally, Smartcaptchasolve.top pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Smartcaptchasolve.top from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Smartcaptchasolve.top from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Smartcaptchasolve.top.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Smartcaptchasolve.top list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Smartcaptchasolve.top from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Smartcaptchasolve.top pop-up on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Smartcaptchasolve.top entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Smartcaptchasolve.top pop-up is gone.
Remove Smartcaptchasolve.top from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Smartcaptchasolve.top.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Smartcaptchasolve.top pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Smartcaptchasolve.top from Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
5. Find and select Smartcaptchasolve.top from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
6. You may now restart Edge browser.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of codes causing Smartcaptchasolve.top to show up on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Smartcaptchasolve.top.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Smartcaptchasolve.top pop-ups.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Step 3 : Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted applications are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet software. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Smartcaptchasolve.top.
For Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find suspicious browser extension and Remove it from Google Chrome.
4. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is suspicious and may be relevant to Smartcaptchasolve.top. Click Remove to delete it from Mozilla Firefox.
For Internet Explorer (Uninstall For Edge Browser)
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable suspicious entries from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Smartcaptchasolve.top is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select any distrustful item or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Please restart the computer to complete the uninstall procedure.
Step 4 : Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Smartcaptchasolve.top
Not all browser threats are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instance, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Smartcaptchasolve.top is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Smartcaptchasolve.top
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Smartcaptchasolve.top, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Smartcaptchasolve.top and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Smartcaptchasolve.top should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.