SmartACPC or also called SmartPCAP is marketed online as versatile enhancement and security tool combo. It claims that the program is competent in optimizing the computer and protecting it against malware, potentially unwanted program (PUP). Such feature is based on their own claims and could be half truth because security experts identify SmartACPC as part of notorious PC Accelerate Pro family of rogue application. In fact, the Smart ACPC executable file is just a renamed version from the said predecessor.
SmartACPC possesses similar behavior as other members of the rogue clan including Affairs Speedup and Chrono SpeedUp. It is invasive and discretely infiltrates the computer using several tactful techniques and ingenious way that bypass user’s administrative permission. After the successful installation, SmartACPC runs an artificial system scan where it will start to deceive victims on disconcerting computer status. To further prove this claim, it reveals scan result claiming a quantity of fixable issues but require a registration fee to proceed.
SmartACPC advises users to eliminate useless files and other potentially corrupt objects that restraint ultimate system performance. However, advancing to this feature requires the user to purchase the registered version of the program and unlock its full functionality via paid serial number. This monetization approach using deceptive means was derived from rogue app ancestors, and is still employed up to this era because it was found to be profitable for cyber criminals.
Instead of paying for the full version of the rogue application that is deemed useless, it is suggested to restore the computer to its clean state by removing SmartACPC (SmartPCAP), which is the main source of this entire nuisance. Complete guide to getting rid of this threat including legitimate virus and malware removal tools are provided below.
SmartACPC Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like SmartACPC through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like SmartACPC, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete SmartACPC rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of SmartACPC
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for SmartACPC and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall SmartACPC from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select SmartACPC from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove SmartACPC unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds SmartACPC and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of SmartACPC using Anti-malware Program
To remove SmartACPC automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like SmartACPC that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to SmartACPC.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.