Another website that can be added to the list of scam sites is Revon.live. The pages on this website were created to generate deceptive warnings that would persuade visitors to download suggested files or go to a partner’s website. Users are reporting that the Revon.live pop-up appears to be a security application alert in disguise. In this case, the push notification area is acting as a pop-up alert from a MacAfee antivirus product that keeps appearing in the browser window.
Revon.live push notification
Online users may be sent to an odd site like Revon.live or News-putomo.cc and Analysissoftwarecentr.com while browsing dubious websites like torrents or any pirate web pages. These websites contain a script that presents a prompt requesting that the browser show notifications. Because some online users are irresponsible, they approve this request without verifying the requester’s legitimacy. In this case, the browser should be set to ban Revon.live as a suspicious website. As a result, some internet users approve the use of the push notification function of web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge. As a result, Revon.live is able to display dubious pop-ups like the false alert from McAfee by taking advantage of the push notification.
Dealing with Revon.live pop-up
Despite the enticing pop-up style and message making it look legitimate, its origin URL is still very dubious. Web visitors are advised to avoid this pop-up and to avoid clicking any of the buttons. If the online user clicks on the pop-up, a new browser window will emerge with a recommendation to download and install a malicious utility. In other instances, clicking the pop-up may direct users to a phony Microsoft support site designed to extort money from unsuspecting customers.
Getting rid of the pop-up is the best way to handle Revon.live. Please review the steps in the following section for a detailed guidance.
|Initial pop-up goal||Displays phony pop-up alerts and warnings stating that computer is infected with a virus. Then, Revon.live is going to offer a solution like downloading the recommended software or availing of an online technical support service.|
|Website purpose||To extort money from their victims using misleading detection of virus, malware, or system issues. This site promotes security and optimization program as well as technical support services that are both rip off.|
|Current IP address||22.214.171.124|
Steps to remove Revon.live pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Revon.live. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Revon.live are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Revon.live pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with aggressive ads if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Revon.live from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Revon.live from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Revon.live.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Revon.live list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Revon.live from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Revon.live on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Revon.live entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Revon.live pop-up is gone.
Remove Revon.live from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Revon.live.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Revon.live pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Revon.live on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Revon.live from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Revon.live pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Revon.live from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Revon.live automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Revon.live that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with Revon.live.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Revon.live and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Revon.live on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Revon.live.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Revon.live.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Revon.live from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Revon.live. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Revon.live.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Revon.live.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Revon.live is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.