zVideoSecure is suppose to be a tool that converts media files into other format. Developers are endorsing it as a useful application, but it has negative effects on computer especially with browser programs like Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. zVideoSecure is a kind of Potentially Unwanted Application (PUA) that enters the computer without notice, and an example of browser hijacker in which it executes unwanted modification of settings.
Payload of zVideoSecure
zVideoSecure spies throughout the operating system once it penetrates into computers. The web browser is the main target of zVideoSecure. It can track data and record for cybercrime purposes. As long as zVideoSecure is running on the computer, misbehavior on the browser’s function is possible. Considering zVideoSecure is a browser hijacker, it creates modifications by inputting their own web address, which is Portal.getvideoconverter.com.
Installation of zVideoSecure on a computer causes alterations on the browser program. After the changes take place, zVideoSecure will begin to run intrusive advertisements and various redirects. While web users were browsing, constant display of pop-ups may appear anywhere on screen. All of this is because of the adware’s ability to generate different forms of ads and redirects linking to different malicious web pages. Clicking random pop-ups may bring web users into risky websites such as scams, or online gambling sites. Advertisements exhibited by zVideoSecure can also install unwanted applications straight to the computer, which may cause further infections on operating system.
Installation of zVideoSecure
Since zVideoSecure is kind of PUA, it infiltrates the computers without proper permission of online users. On the internet, there are software bundles available for installation. Developers take this opportunity to market their malicious programs by including it in the package together with other applications. PUA does not describe much about how it will function to computers. That is the reason why, unwanted apps like zVideoSecure are able to install without a trace by online users. Uncommon happenings on browsers can be an indication that there is a malware going on operating system.
zVideoSecure Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the Adware on compromised Windows computers. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful for deleting pop-ups and redirects. In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner
To remove zVideoSecure adware from the computer, follow the steps below.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with a powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of adware like zVideoSecure through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file; please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like zVideoSecure, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete zVideoSecure adware, including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if you are comfortable manually getting rid of the threat and malicious items linked to it.
Step 1 : Turn Off Sync on Google Chrome
1. Open the Google Chrome browser.
2. In the address bar, please type the following: chrome://settings/syncSetup
3. On the Settings page, click the Turn off button to disable syncing Chrome settings between devices.
If you don't want to stop syncing other sections like Apps, Bookmarks, History, Theme, and so on, please click on Manage what you sync. Next, select Customize sync. To successfully remove zVideoSecure, you may disable only Apps and Extensions data. Please restart the Google Chrome browser.
Step 2 : Delete zVideoSecure or Suspicious Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs use an application called a "browser extension" to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend checking and removing the extension that is closely related to zVideoSecure. If it is not present, look for and delete any suspicious browser extension.
Remove the zVideoSecure Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open your Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Find zVideoSecure or any relevant entry and remove it from the Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall the zVideoSecure Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions from the sidebar menu.
4. Look for an object that pertains to zVideoSecure and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that pop-ups and other troubles will be gone from the internet browser.
Remove zVideoSecure from Microsoft Windows and Edge Browser
1. On your keyboard, press Windows Key + R and then, type the appwiz.cpl command.
2. The Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in a chronological manner, with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on the 'Installed On' column.
3. Select zVideoSecure or a recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from the Windows system.
If zVideoSecure is still present on the browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups, another option is to remove the adware from the browser settings.
4. Open the Microsoft Edge program.
5. Input edge://extensions/ in the URL bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
6. Look for and Remove or Disable entries for zVideoSecure from the Installed Extensions area. Additionally, delete the same object from the Search Providers section by executing the Hijacker Removal Procedure for Edge.
7. Close the window and restart Microsoft Edge.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove zVideoSecure automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful virus and malware removal tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware; it is also effective in discovering adware like zVideoSecure.
1. Download the Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the installation process.
3. On the first window of the installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch the Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. An internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove adware like zVideoSecure.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for the presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to zVideoSecure and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the zVideoSecure adware. However, if you find that there are still remnants of the threat, please proceed to the succeeding procedures below.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with the AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of zVideoSecure on the browser that were not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for the presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produce annoying pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer, especially browsers affected by zVideoSecure.
3. Browse to the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on the Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated with zVideoSecure. It will also check for suspicious entries in browser settings.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of the detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by zVideoSecure. If the adware still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to their default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with zVideoSecure. The procedure below discusses on resetting various browsers to their default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to its default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extensions, such as zVideoSecure. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty removing unwanted extensions.
1. Open the Google Chrome internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press the Enter key.
3. Click on Reset Settings on the sidebar and choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. On the confirmation window, click the Reset settings button to clear all entries for zVideoSecure.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed the zVideoSecure extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extensions from Firefox that may be related to zVideoSecure. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only a specific extension, please see the manual removal of add-ons from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on the Firefox web address and press Enter on the keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section in the upper-right corner of the screen stating, Give Firefox a tune-up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If a confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. zVideoSecure should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Microsoft Edge to Default Settings
1. Open the Microsoft Edge browser.
2. On the address bar, please input edge://settings/reset and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Once you are on the Reset Settings page, click on Restore settings to their default values.
4. A confirmation window will appear; click on the Reset button to continue.
Your data, like favorites, bookmarks, and history, will remain in the browser. However, this process will delete add-ons by zVideoSecure and other unknown objects.