Zu-Coupon is a Google Chrome extension that professes to provide easy access to online coupons, deals, and discounts. It integrates on the browser even without user’s consent because most of the time, Zu-Coupon is bundled to freeware and third party applications. Nearly all potentially unwanted programs (PUP) uses this software bundling method to reach online computer users. Thus, it is vital to note that downloading free software is risky especially if the source is doubtful.
Most victims of PUP or adware are careless users that do not pay attention to what they are downloading. Free games, utilities, media players, download manager, and fake software update are often the source of Zu-Coupon and other unwanted applications. While installing the free software, Zu-Coupon or bundled surplus programs loads discretely in the background. Users normally do not receive notification particularly if the setup process is “default”. Running the installation method in “custom” approach may give user a chance to exclude Zu-Coupon, however, this do not guarantee clean installation. There may be other programs aside from Zu-Coupon that can sneak silently because software bundles are often compose of multiple software package into one file.
The only way to avoid Zu-Coupon and most potentially unwanted program is to stay away from doubtful websites and freeware. Obtain applications only from official websites and trusted sources. If Zu-Coupon manages to sneak onto the computer and removal is needed, we have a simple guide on this page. Follow the procedures in exact order and scan the computer with suggested virus and malware removal tools to locate and delete malicious objects from the system.
Online Security Scanner Report for zu-coupon.com:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Updated: Nov. 13, 2018|
|Medium risk||Feedback: No data||Updated: Nov. 13, 2018|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Nov. 13, 2018|
How to Remove Zu-Coupon
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Remove Zu-Coupon from Google Chrome
We are presenting various options to remove Zu-Coupon from Google Chrome browser using only internal functions and approach. Most of browser annoyances can be fixed via these processes. If Zu-Coupon persists after executing these steps, it is better to run anti-malware scan as suggested below.
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Zu-Coupon from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Zu-Coupon by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Zu-Coupon removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Zu-Coupon. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar, please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Zu-Coupon. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Option 3 – Use Google Chrome Clean Up Feature
1. On Google Chrome address bar, input this string: chrome://settings/cleanup and then press Enter on keyboard.
2. Click Find button to start scanning the computer.
Step 2 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Zu-Coupon
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Zu-Coupon entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file mb3-setup-consumer-x.x.x.xxxx.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Zu-Coupon.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Zu-Coupon and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Zu-Coupon. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.