Google Chrome extension called Zip4NewTab is still in question whether it is helpful or will have an adverse effect when installed. It is presently promoted as a program that replaces your current new tab with own homepage that offers links to easily zip and unzip your files.
Primarily, zipping or compressing file is not a daily routine of every computer users. Therefore, it is useless to have it on the browser. In addition, changing homepage to Zip4NewTab also sets the default search engine to its custom-made provider. Although we see no great danger on this operation, user may suffer from the annoying redirects and inline advertisements produces on its search results.
Being part of certain adware as a means of distribution, Zip4NewTab seems to be partly dishonest. It comes bundled with freeware that never divulge variety of programs it is going to load once it is installed. Freeware, Zip4NewTab, and other questionable programs run a stealthy simultaneous installation on the computer.
Following the successful installation of Zip4NewTab is the modification of Google Chrome settings. It adds Extension that influences homepage and default search engine. The adware may also add browser helper object, which helps to reinstate its settings if user revert it to previous configuration. The only way you can remove Zip4NewTab completely is through the help of efficient anti-malware scanner. It can locate and delete malicious browser extensions, adware files, and relevant registry entries. Please execute the procedures below in exact manner to ensure absolute removal of Zip4NewTab.
Online Security Scanner Report for ziplp.4newtab.com:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Nov. 2, 2017|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No data||Nov. 2, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Nov. 2, 2017|
How to Remove Zip4NewTab
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Zip4NewTab
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Zip4NewTab entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Zip4NewTab. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Zip4NewTab from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Zip4NewTab on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Zip4NewTab from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Zip4NewTab from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Zip4NewTab by clicking on Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Zip4NewTab removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Zip4NewTab. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Zip4NewTab. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.