An adware infection may cause the browser to redirect to “A to Z Search USA” or atozsearch-usa.com. This web page offers unfamiliar search engine that can cause security risky when use. Every unwanted program such as this can take over and manipulates start-up page and new tab settings. Thus, if “A to Z Search USA” is showing up as browser’s home page, it implies that adware already made changes to browser settings. Swapping the default search engine is a widespread technique by adware authors. It is through this scheme that they can be able to serve advertisements and produce online revenue. With too much ads showing up and system performance failing, most people believe that presence of “A to Z Search USA” is some kind of virus attack.
Like Search Now Live 700 and Search Online USA, “A to Z Search USA” is classified as Adware or PUP. It is not listed in the group of computer virus or Trojan. Even if most adware act like a virus, they were not made to be infectious. To be exact, “A to Z Search USA” does not propagate on its own. User needs to install adware manually in order to run on the system. Typically, adware makers are bundling their product to freeware and third-party software. While installing these programs, “A to Z Search USA” also loaded secretly unknown to user.
Download manager, free games, bogus updates, and fake media players are common apps that spread “A to Z Search USA”. They are often available from unfamiliar web sites. There are also signs that social media sites are used to spread this unwanted search engine. Scammers are posting tempting news and messages containing dubious links. Regardless of how this adware gets into the system, the effect of “A to Z Search USA” is very is inconvenient to your online browsing activities.
Online Security Scanner Report for atozsearch-usa.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||July 04, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||July 04, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||July 04, 2016|
“A to Z Search USA” Browser Hijacker Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like “A to Z Search USA” home page hijacker. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to “A to Z Search USA”. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to “A to Z Search USA”. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove “A to Z Search USA” Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted “A to Z Search USA” from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of “A to Z Search USA” on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from “A to Z Search USA”
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with “A to Z Search USA”. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to “A to Z Search USA”. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. “A to Z Search USA” home page hijacker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by “A to Z Search USA” and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please view instructions here.