Browser hijacker can be an adware or PUP installed into computer. Its objective is to carry out modifications to system especially on web user’s browser settings in order to function properly on homepage and new tab window. Ytmp3.cc is very similar to any other browser hijacker that spreads on computers and willing to attack browser programs as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. Adware developers markets this programs through several online methods. One way is by bundling Ytmp3 with other programs and offered to internet users to install or download for free.
Ytmp3.cc operates by penetrating into computer system without the knowledge of online users. Software bundle packages can install Ytmp3.cc by hiding it to other programs along with current software installation. Ytmp3.cc operators did not really detailed it much to internet users in able to infiltrate without being detected. Ytmp3.cc is promoted as a tool that converts YouTube Videos into MP3 format but there is other hidden malicious motive behind it. Once Ytmp3.cc is integrated into computer, it will cause misbehavior and typically target browsers and make unwanted modifications into its settings. Usually the homepage, new tab page, and search engine will set to Ytmp3.cc as default homepage and search provider. In addition, Ytmp3.cc have the ability to track data from browser like search history or visited links or pages, even personal and valuable information of web users by scanning it.
Another effect of Ytmp3.cc browser hijacker is to trigger redirects on browser programs. Once computer is infected with an unwanted app like Ytmp3.cc, it can cause pop-ups that can run while web users were browsing. When clicked, this will be the cause of redirection to other web pages, which can be unreliable or doubtful. Ytmp3.cc modifications can have a big impact on browser function and behavior like it can present web visitors into inaccurate results and malicious contents.
Ytmp3.cc can also come from clicking intrusive ads that randomly appearing while internet users are browsing the web. Some advertisements can execute scripts to automatically inject unwanted software like Ytmp3.cc into system. Therefore, it is recommended to avoid suspicious sites and intrusive pop-up ads to stay away from Ytmp3.cc and other similar browser hijackers.
Ytmp3.cc Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Ytmp3.cc.
Remove Ytmp3.cc Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Ytmp3.cc, Video Converter, Youtube To MP3, or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Ytmp3.cc Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Ytmp3.cc, Youtube To MP3, or Video Converter and remove it from the browser.
Delete Ytmp3.cc Extension from Safari
1. Run Safari browser application.
2. Click on Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the window.
3. Choose Preferences from the drop-down list.
4. On Extension window, select Extensions tab.
5. Select Ytmp3.cc, Video Converter, Youtube To MP3, or relevant entry and remove it from Safari.
6. Lastly, go to Safari Settings once again and select Downloads from the drop down list.
7. If Ytmp3.safariextz is present, click on Clear button to remove the unwanted extension.
Remove Ytmp3.cc Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Ytmp3.cc from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Ytmp3.cc is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select Ytmp3.cc, Video Converter, Youtube To MP3, or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Ytmp3.cc on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Ytmp3.cc.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Ytmp3.cc.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like Ytmp3.cc.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Ytmp3.cc.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Ytmp3.cc and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Ytmp3.cc
Not all adware and PUP’s are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Ytmp3.cc is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Ytmp3.cc
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Ytmp3.cc, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Ytmp3.cc and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Ytmp3.cc should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.
Reset Safari Browser to Normal Settings
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Click on the Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the browser window.
3. Select Reset Safari from the drop-down list.
4. Pop-up window will appear. You may select all boxes for total reset or follow the options below if you only want to remove Ytmp3.cc from Safari browser.
5. Please restart Safari browser for changes to take effect.