YouTube Lyrics pop-up is listed as an adware because it is an ad-driven program and gets into computer without user’s permission. It may appear on new tab of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, while it pop-ups as a new window on Google Chrome. When YouTube Lyrics ad is visible on the browser, it implies that malicious code is present.
This unwanted browser add-on or extension was made to send web traffic to partners and clients that are paying adware authors for this task. YouTube Lyrics adware able to reach target users through downloaded freeware that is bundled with malicious code. Upon installation, most users are not aware that YouTube Lyrics is also loading. It drops add-on on the browser causing it to display unwanted lyrics and advertisements whenever YouTube or any similar site is visited.
Aside from ‘Ads by YouTube Lyrics’ pop-up, user may also see noticeable changes on the browser. Other pop-up may bear the title ‘Powered by YouTube Lyrics’ but also reveals the same endorsements. Search results will be redirected to unsolicited pages as well as new tab and home page. System performance is likewise affected by YouTube Lyrics causing it to slow-down.
As you can see, this malicious browser add-on brings no benefit towards end-user. It is just a code added to your browser in order for an attacker to earn profit utilizing your own PC. We highly encourage removal of YouTube Lyrics adware as soon as possible before it can cause additional harm on the computer. Same advise is given just in case that browser program is infected with similar threats as LiveLyrics, SongLyrics, Lyricsmonkey, Lyricsfan, Lyricsay, LyricsWatch, A2ZLyrics, LiveLyrics, and TubeSing.
YouTube Lyrics Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the Adware from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting pop-ups and redirects.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete YouTube Lyrics or Suspicious Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to YouTube Lyrics. If it is not present, look for and delete any suspicious browser extension.
Remove YouTube Lyrics from Windows (Internet Explorer or Edge Browser)
1. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
2. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
3. Select YouTube Lyrics or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
If YouTube Lyrics is still present on the IE browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups, another option is to remove the adware from the browser settings.
4. Open Internet Explorer program.
5. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
6. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of YouTube Lyrics from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete the same object from Search Providers section.
7. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
Remove YouTube Lyrics Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find YouTube Lyrics or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall YouTube Lyrics Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to YouTube Lyrics and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that pop-ups and other troubles are gone from the browser.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove YouTube Lyrics automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful virus and malware removal tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering adware like YouTube Lyrics.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove adware like YouTube Lyrics.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to YouTube Lyrics and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the YouTube Lyrics adware. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat, please proceed to the succeeding procedures below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of YouTube Lyrics on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces annoying pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by YouTube Lyrics.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to YouTube Lyrics. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by YouTube Lyrics. If the adware still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with YouTube Lyrics. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from YouTube Lyrics. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of YouTube Lyrics.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed YouTube Lyrics extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to YouTube Lyrics. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. YouTube Lyrics should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by YouTube Lyrics and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.