Normally, the appearance of “Your System is seriously damaged, found viruses” is caused by malicious website that was published by cyber crooks to mislead Mac users about the current security state of their Mac system. The objective is to persuade web users to download a copy of MacCleaner. Apparently, users who follow the online instructions ended up having the suspicious program Cleanup My Mac on their computer.
On some instances, the appearance of “Your System is seriously damaged, found viruses” is not because of visited websites especially if the pop-up gradually appears on the computer. This can be a case of adware infection that corrupts the browser application leading to timely execution of “Your System is seriously damaged, found viruses” pop-up at specific interval. In this situation, computer security analysts suggest that cleaning the computer is the only solution to stop the aggressive pop-ups.
In general, the pop-up “Your System is seriously damaged, found viruses” is a scare tactics by cyber crooks to swindle money from Mac users by forcing them to purchase a worthless security and optimization tool. Therefore, seeing the pop-up is a sign of imminent computer risk. Closing the window and running a full scan of anti-virus and anti-malware tools is recommended to make sure that computer is free of malware. Also, avoid visiting sites that produces the fake security alerts and blocking their web address from internet software is similarly important to prevent infection.
Procedures to Remove "Your System is seriously damaged, found viruses" from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like "Your System is seriously damaged, found viruses". You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing "Your System is seriously damaged, found viruses".
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including "Your System is seriously damaged, found viruses".
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, "Your System is seriously damaged, found viruses" is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Post Last Modified On July 7, 2020