Your Maps Now will be presented on the browser if computer is compromised with potentially unwanted program or adware. In normal situation, ads shown by Your Maps Now are usually targeted based on collected data from victims. This adware monitors your browsing habit such as web site you have visited, interested category, and anything that is relevant to your online interests.
Your Maps Now deliver contextual ads in various formats. It can be pop-up ads, banners, in-line, redirects, or full page promotion. These ads can be as safe as other online promos if not only for adware authors that are utilizing this kind of endorsement to spread malicious programs. Thus, be cautious when clicking links from Your Maps Now advertisements.
Adware such as this can be difficult to remove due to various adware that was dropped on the computer. Simple scan can delete Your Maps Now for a while but it may resurface when you restart the computer. It is a common practice for adware authors to bundle various malicious programs into one installation package. Thus, when you install Your Maps Now, other adware will get installed in the background without your knowledge. Even known and reputable software makers are into this bundling technique, however, they will seek for your approval most of the time.
The only way to avoid unwanted program like Your Maps Now from getting inside your PC is by being safe while surfing the net. As much as possible download programs only from valid sources. It is also vital to have a security software that is capable of blocking malicious downloads and internet traffic.
In order to remove Your Maps Now together with other adware that comes with it, we have provided a simple guide on this page. Using various malware scanners is recommended to delete all hidden adware files that were dropped on different location of your computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for yourmapsnow.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Nov. 13, 2015|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Nov. 13, 2015|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Nov. 13, 2015|
How to Remove Your Maps Now
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Your Maps Now
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Your Maps Now entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Your Maps Now. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Your Maps Now from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Your Maps Now on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Your Maps Now
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Your Maps Now. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Your Maps Now. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Advanced‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset settings to their original defaults button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Your Maps Now extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Your Maps Now.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Your Maps Now should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Your Maps Now and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.