Your Daily Trailer is a questionable browser extension made specifically for Google Chrome browser. It has not gain much trust from web users because it is clear that this program is just utilizing services from different websites. For instance, when user clicks on “Movie Genres” link on Your Daily Trailer homepage; it will open a different source. The only local function of this adware is its search tool, but unfortunately, it is powered by the infamous Mysearch.com.
Your Daily Trailer is a typical potentially unwanted program (PUP) that was made to take over browser settings. In particular, it modifies settings on homepage, new tab, and default search engine. The reason behind this occupation is for adware makers to gain online profit by displaying advertisements on those pages. Specifically, Your Daily Trailer may show paid links under search result page area.
Aside from making revenue stream through different kind of ads, Your Daily Trailer is also known as an adware that collects various user data from compromised browser program. It can record search inquiries, keywords, and selected personal information like geographical location and IP address. Gathered data are then misuse to elevate its profit by displaying ads that are within user’s preference.
It is obvious that Your Daily Trailer was not really made to serve its purpose of delivering latest movie trailers and reviews. Its main intention is to gain online profit by taking advantage of infected browser application through exploitation of user’s online browsing activities. With this adverse motive, we highly suggest to remove Your Daily Trailer from the computer as soon as possible to avoid any further harm that it may cause. Complete guide to take out this adware is posted on the removal section below.
Your Daily Trailer Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Remove Your Daily Trailer from Google Chrome
We are presenting various options to remove Your Daily Trailer from Google Chrome browser using only internal functions and approach. Most of browser annoyances can be fixed via these processes. If Your Daily Trailer persists after executing these steps, it is better to run anti-malware scan as suggested below.
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Your Daily Trailer from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Your Daily Trailer by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Your Daily Trailer removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Your Daily Trailer. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar, please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Your Daily Trailer. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Option 3 – Use Google Chrome Clean Up Feature
1. On Google Chrome address bar, input this string: chrome://settings/cleanup and then press Enter on keyboard.
2. Click Find button to start scanning the computer.
Step 2 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Your Daily Trailer
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Your Daily Trailer entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file mb3-setup-consumer-x.x.x.xxxx.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Your Daily Trailer.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Your Daily Trailer and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Your Daily Trailer. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.