Having to install or download certain apps or programs without carefully checking can bring infections to computers. One example is how yEmbedAsk extension harms a functional web browser. This is what typically happens when users let unwanted program like this to enter the computer. Though yEmbedAsk was endorsed by developers as a useful tool that enhances online browsing experience, it hides a secret where it mysteriously operates without the user’s knowledge.
Once yEmbedAsk penetrates into the computer, it begins its operation by targeting internet software like Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. What yEmbedAsk possesses is the ability to track data of users through spying to collect and record crucial information that is present on the browser. After that, yEmbedAsk will make unwanted changes to suit its operation. The homepage, new tab page, and search engine will automatically change as per yEmbedAsk modification. Provided search results are unreliable and inaccurate or it can redirect users to unwanted search provider. In addition, yEmbedAsk adware can cause intrusive ads to appear while browsing the internet. These advertisements have malicious intentions to present users to other dangerous websites like phishing or scam sites which can fool users to purchase a product or avail a service even there is nothing available. yEmbedAsk as a browser hijacker can have minor effects to computers but it has the possibility to make more serious infections especially to the system. Therefore, removing it as early as possible is the best option.
yEmbedAsk Infiltration Scheme
yEmbedAsk is also considered as Potentially Unwanted Application (PUA). As we all know, PUA can infiltrates computer without the user’s consent. Developers hide it through software bundles that offered on installation options. yEmbedAsk was also endorsed by developers as enhancement to ones online browsing experience. It really looks engaging to users so there are times that it was installed intentionally on the browser. In addition, another way yEmbedAsk to invade computer system is through clicking of random ads while browsing the internet. Some ads have the ability to execute scripts to stealthily install or download unwanted program. It is one of the ways for developers to spread their malicious program to gain online revenue.
yEmbedAsk Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the Adware from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting pop-ups and redirects.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of adware like yEmbedAsk through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like yEmbedAsk, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete yEmbedAsk adware including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : Turn Off Sync on Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. In the address bar please type the following: chrome://settings/syncSetup
3. On Settings page, click the Turn off button to disable syncing Chrome settings between devices.
If in case that you don't want to stop syncing other sections like Apps, Bookmarks, History, Theme, and so on, please click on Manager what you sync. Next, select Customize sync. To successfully remove yEmbedAsk, you may disable only Apps and Extensions data. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Step 2 : Delete yEmbedAsk or Suspicious Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to yEmbedAsk. If it is not present, look for and delete any suspicious browser extension.
Remove yEmbedAsk Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find yEmbedAsk or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall yEmbedAsk Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to yEmbedAsk and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that pop-ups and other troubles are gone from the browser.
Remove yEmbedAsk from Windows (Internet Explorer or Edge Browser)
1. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
2. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
3. Select yEmbedAsk or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
If yEmbedAsk is still present on the IE browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups, another option is to remove the adware from the browser settings.
4. Open Internet Explorer program.
5. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
6. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of yEmbedAsk from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete the same object from Search Providers section.
7. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove yEmbedAsk automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful virus and malware removal tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering adware like yEmbedAsk.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove adware like yEmbedAsk.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to yEmbedAsk and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the yEmbedAsk adware. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat, please proceed to the succeeding procedures below.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of yEmbedAsk on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces annoying pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by yEmbedAsk.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to yEmbedAsk. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by yEmbedAsk. If the adware still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with yEmbedAsk. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from yEmbedAsk. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of yEmbedAsk.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed yEmbedAsk extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to yEmbedAsk. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. yEmbedAsk should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by yEmbedAsk and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.