XmacSales is a potentially unwanted program that many computer users deemed as virus. Technically, XmacSales is just another ad-driven program with the sole intention of generating profits online. It is harmful in the sense that it can get into the computer without users consent. XmacSales normally comes bundled to program that you may have intentionally downloaded.
The program aims to promote itself as a worthy tool that online shoppers can utilize. This phrase is what you can see on the official site:
“XmacSales helps online shoppers avail discounts whenever they shop. It checks the store for freebies and price-offs. It is a cross browser plugin designed to make shopping fun, easy and affordable.”
People behind XmacSales normally bind the code to freeware or shareware. Installation runs hidden alongside the main program. It never asks for your permission. Antivirus program may also not detect the entry of XmacSales because it is not a virus neither have the dangerous items.
When fully installed on the computer, XmacSales will start to produce annoying pop-up ads, banners, and inline text. These ads are normally contextual in nature so most computer users sees it as part of the page they are viewing.
XmacSales may be a worthy tool to some; however, you must also take into considerations all the consequences for having an adware on the computer. It may gather sensitive data and record your browsing activity. Thus, we highly suggest staying out of XmacSales adware.
Online Security Scanner Report for xmacsales.info:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Oct. 10, 2014|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Oct. 10, 2014|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Oct. 10, 2014|
How to Remove XmacSales Adware from PC
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall XmacSales
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove XmacSales entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to XmacSales. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted XmacSales from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of XmacSales on the affected browser.
Procedures to Remove XmacSales Adware from Mac
Step 1: Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to XmacSales
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the adware. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari – Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome – Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox – Choose Add-ons from the Tools menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located XmacSales, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 2: Delete Malicious Files that have installed XmacSales
1. Navigate to the location given below and move the item to the Trash.
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing the XmacSales to be present on your Mac.
Step 3: Scan the System with Adware Removal Tool for Mac
1. Download the TSMART tool from this link:
Click here to download TSMART (this will open a new window)
2. Run Adware Removal Tool for Mac. It will check for updates and download if there is most recent version.
3. If it prompts to close all opened web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. The tool will begin to scan the system and remove any adware it finds. Please note that identified malicious items are moved to Trash so that you can still recover if it mistakenly deleted valid files.
5. If everything is well, please Empty the Trash to totally get rid of XmacSales.