doko-search.com is a browser search hijacker that is employing common technique to distribute its files over the web. This domain serves as search engine to common users who are naïve of the ongoing online threats. Most computer users are not aware that there are many types of this bogus search engine that instead of giving efficient search results, will jeopardize the search page to display advertisement above all links. Additionally, doko-search.com can redirect links to unknown web page.
Unwanted program including doko-search.com is typically added to browsers as add-on, a simple code that attach third-party feature on the browser. In the case of this hijacker, no useful feature is presented. It was made to dominate Internet browser program and controls your online search.
It is obvious that doko-search.com was put up by adware authors to make money on the web. They have network of advertisers that are willing to invest just to increase online presence no matter whatever scheme is used.
Although doko-search.com is not a virus or malware itself, this site can bring harm on to the computer. Malware authors are using service such as this unwanted search to spread threats. You’ll never know, clicking on any of the result link may direct your browser to a web page full of malware.
Avoid doko-search.com hijacker and any other type of this adware by being very cautious to what you plan to download and install. It is safer to opt for reputable software even if it costs some, than free that is worthless and can endanger the computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for doko-search.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Oct 17, 2013|
|Suspicious||Feedback: Potential security risks||Updated: Oct 17, 2013|
|Currently safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Oct 17, 2013|
doko-search.com Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like doko-search.com. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to doko-search.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to doko-search.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove doko-search.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted doko-search.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of doko-search.com on the affected browser.