Wowphones.site is an intrusive pop-up that is purporting to be a very important announcement. Users typically see this advertisement upon paying a visit to suspicious websites that are involved in publishing questionable advertisements in its sole objective of generating online profit. People behind these web sites do not bother whether the ads can cause harm to web user’s browser programs and computer system. Much more, online safety and security of web users are totally disregarded.
On the screenshot image below, it is clear that Wowphones.site is attempting to mislead users with the following content:
Congratulations! You are one of the 100 users that we selected to receive the chance to win an Apple iPhone XS, Apple iPhone 11 Pro, or iPad Pro…
You have 4 minutes to answer the following questions before we give your gift to another happy user.
Questionnaire that Wowphones.site is referring to is indeed a survey form that may request the submission of crucial personal information like full name, location, email-address, phone number, and so on. Actually, this is the same bogus survey form from similar dubious sites as Takeprize-here.life and Financial-success-today.com. The definite purpose of these evaluations was simply to collect personal details from web users. Whatever prizes and benefits these sites reveals has no assurance. In fact, no web users can claim that they were able to collect rewards from such online arrangement.
In reality, Wowphones.site is a malicious page that utilizes several types of dishonest advertising scheme to reach computer users. Aside from maliciously collecting and exploiting user’s data, Wowphones.site is also an annoyance to ones online browsing activity. It displays relentless push notifications on the browser that when clicked, may open-up a native browser window linking to various harmful sites. So, the recommendation is to immediately stop Wowphones.site pop-ups and notification using the procedures below.
Steps to remove Wowphones.site pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Wowphones.site. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Wowphones.site are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Wowphones.site pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with aggressive ads if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Wowphones.site from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Wowphones.site from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Wowphones.site.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Wowphones.site list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Wowphones.site from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Wowphones.site on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Wowphones.site entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Wowphones.site pop-up is gone.
Remove Wowphones.site from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Wowphones.site.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Wowphones.site pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Wowphones.site on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Wowphones.site from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Wowphones.site pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Wowphones.site from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Wowphones.site automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Wowphones.site that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with Wowphones.site.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Wowphones.site and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Wowphones.site on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Wowphones.site.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Wowphones.site.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Wowphones.site from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Wowphones.site. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Wowphones.site.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Wowphones.site.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Wowphones.site is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Stopping Wowphones.site Pop-up on Mobile Devices
Aside from PC and Mac, Wowphones.site pop-ups and redirects can also affect browser programs on mobile phones like Android and iOS devices. To stop the annoying pop-ups and remove its source, please execute the procedures as stated here.
Please take note that the tutorial in removing Wowphones.site pop-ups from mobile devices contains automatic and manual procedures. If you are not a technical user, we recommend to follow the instant removal method to automatically stop Wowphones.site pop-ups from mobile device using a malware scanner.