Wize Search is considered as Adware that was made to generate online profit through advertisements and promotions. This unwanted program usually comes with several sources. Initially, Wize Search spreads via software bundles. It can gain access on the computer without user’s knowledge during the installation of freeware that are packed with unwanted programs.
Like other variants named Browser Hunt and Mountain Browse, Wize Search is promoted as browser add-on that enhances online search. Hence, the real objective of this adware is to gain online revenue by displaying endorsements with labels “Ads by WizeSearch” or “Brought by WizeSearch”. It greatly affects known browsers like Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. This adware carried out changes so that it can display ads in virtual layer scheme, in which it appears as valid part of the page being viewed. Home page and default search engine likewise altered to display questionable web address.
Restoring browser settings to previous value may not fully help unless codes by Wize Search are eliminated from the computer. The adware continue with its operation as long as Extension or Add-on exists on the browser. Aside from excessive ads, Wize Search can also expose your personal data to attacker via internet cookies associated with this adware. It records browser habits, visited web sites, and personal online credentials.
For your online safety, it is vital to remove Wize Search from the computer. As mentioned, resetting browser settings may not fully remove this adware. You must thoroughly scan the computer with effective anti-virus and anti-malware tools. For a complete guide in removing Wize Search, please browse the dedicated section below.
Online Security Scanner Report for wizesearch.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Aug. 19, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Aug. 19, 2016|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Aug. 19, 2016|
How to Remove Wize Search
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Wize Search
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Wize Search entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Wize Search. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Wize Search Add-on/Extension and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Wize Search from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Wize Search on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Wize Search
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Wize Search. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Google Chrome to Remove Wize Search
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Wize Search. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Show advanced settings…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset Settings section.
5. Click on Reset Settings button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Wize Search. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also download Software Removal Tool from this page. A stand-alone reset tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Wize Search.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Wize Search should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Wize Search and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.