Another program to add in the category of suspicious Windows optimization tool is Wise System Mechanic. It belongs to a group of software that keeps on re-branding their product and mislead users through illicit promotional schemes. Official website states that Wise System Mechanic can speed up Windows PC through unique features such as registry cleanup, add-on remover, start-up manager, and so on.
We were very skeptical about Wise System Mechanic since the acquisition is somehow invasive. It comes alongside other potentially unwanted program. During installation, we noticed that the product itself is a software bundle. It will install other applications aside from Wise System Mechanic. As shown in the image below, Driver Updater is part of the package. It will be loaded on the system automatically if user is not paying close attention during the install process.
After installation, Wise System Mechanic initializes the scan immediately. Similar to other variants like Advanced PC Mechanic and Master PC Cleaner, numerous errors, security threats, and software issues were presented. Obviously, these are just scare tactics to indicate that user’s PC is in serious troubles. Unfortunately, Wise System Mechanic will never allow user to fix any issues with paying for the registered version. Any attempt to resolve identified problems is subsequently prompted with activation window as seen in the image below.
Instead of spending for this product, it is much wiser to utilize free and trusted optimization tools. We suggest removing Wise System Mechanic immediately. This process is straightforward and can be achieve via Add-Remove Program area of Windows system. If you need much detailed procedures, please browse the special section on this page.
Online Security Scanner Report for wisesystemtools.com:
|Not yet rated||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Feb. 24, 2018|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Feb. 24, 2018|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Feb. 24, 2018|
How to Remove Wise System Mechanic
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of this potentially unwanted program.
Stage 1: Uninstall Wise System Mechanic from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Wise System Mechanic from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
4. Next windows will confirm the successful removal of Wise System Mechanic. Please click OK to close this dialog box.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Wise System Mechanic and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Wise System Mechanic using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Wise System Mechanic . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Wise System Mechanic entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Wise System Mechanic have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Wise System Mechanic.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.