Another program to add in the category of suspicious Windows optimization tool is Wise System Mechanic. It belongs to a group of software that keeps on re-branding their product and mislead users through illicit promotional schemes. Official website states that Wise System Mechanic can speed up Windows PC through unique features such as registry cleanup, add-on remover, start-up manager, and so on.
We were very skeptical about Wise System Mechanic since the acquisition is somehow invasive. It comes alongside other potentially unwanted program. During installation, we noticed that the product itself is a software bundle. It will install other applications aside from Wise System Mechanic. As shown in the image below, Driver Updater is part of the package. It will be loaded on the system automatically if user is not paying close attention during the install process.
After installation, Wise System Mechanic initializes the scan immediately. Similar to other variants like Advanced PC Mechanic and Master PC Cleaner, numerous errors, security threats, and software issues were presented. Obviously, these are just scare tactics to indicate that user’s PC is in serious troubles. Unfortunately, Wise System Mechanic will never allow user to fix any issues with paying for the registered version. Any attempt to resolve identified problems is subsequently prompted with activation window.
Instead of spending for this product, it is much wiser to utilize free and trusted optimization tools. We suggest removing Wise System Mechanic immediately. This process is straightforward and can be achieve via Add-Remove Program area of Windows system. If you need much detailed procedures, please browse the special section on this page.
Wise System Mechanic Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Wise System Mechanic through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Wise System Mechanic, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Wise System Mechanic rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Wise System Mechanic
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Wise System Mechanic and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Wise System Mechanic from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Wise System Mechanic from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Wise System Mechanic unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Wise System Mechanic and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Wise System Mechanic using Anti-malware Program
To remove Wise System Mechanic automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Wise System Mechanic that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Wise System Mechanic.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.