WinWeb Protection is endorsed as a program that will protect the computer against threat that lingers on the Internet. The program also promises to safeguard the system against harmful threats that may attack the browser while online. It could be an application that helps boost PC protection if only it is a valid program. However, there is a lack of good opinion about WinWeb Protection. In fact, it is presently dubbed as an adware that may enter the computer without user’s permission.
WinWeb Protection and other of its kind normally penetrate a computer through Trojan or viruses that finds security holes on the target computer. Hence, it is vital that you carry out regular updates on all installed programs. In addition, WinWeb Protection can be acquired from malicious web sites that were made to intentionally deploy the rogue program.
During the presence of WinWeb Protection, computer does not operate normally as it was. This is due to various tasks carried out by the rogue program that includes automatic scanning when Windows starts. Constant pop-up alert from WinWeb Protection is also visible from the taskbar trying to deceive computer users into purchasing the full version of this worthless program.
If WinWeb Protection starts to bug your PC, instantly run a virus scan, followed by anti-malware scan. These methods will surely get rid of any malicious program including WinWeb Protection.
Online Security Scanner Report for winwebprotection.info:
|No Issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Jan. 15, 2014|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No issues||Updated: Jan. 15, 2014|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Jan. 15, 2014|
How to Remove WinWeb Protection
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds WinWeb Protection and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 2: Double-check for WinWeb Protection’ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for WinWeb Protection. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all WinWeb Protection entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that WinWeb Protection have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.