If internet browser apps like Google Chrome, Safari, or Firefox are displaying a lot of advertisements and pop-ups then, it might be an indication that there is an adware or potentially unwanted program (PUP) running on the computer. Such dubious software normally triggers that kind of appearances on the browser. In addition, unwanted programs can generate pop-ups, which could redirect web users into various questionable sites.
Windowsguidenews.com is one of the web pages possibly linked to a unwanted program installed on the computer. Windowsguidenews.com pop-ups may appear anywhere on the browser screen. Typically, it shows deceiving advertisements to engage online users to click on its link or presented button. Windowsguidenews.com pop-ups usually present web visitors with appealing ads like discount coupons, promotional surveys, or anything that catches viewer’s interest. This technique of cyber crooks really aspire online users into viewing their website. Similarly, they intend to send various alerts to browser applications. Allowing such will extremely cause the browser to receive spam notifications from Windowsguidenews.com . It includes intrusive ads to commit possible frauds, fake downloads and update, or promotes links to suspicious web pages. Clicking any of those can result to unsolicited installation of potentially unwanted program (PUP) or malware.
Furthermore, Windowsguidenews.com could show up on the browser because of the suspicious websites that web user’s accidentally visited like Stargrass.club, Odicfulbrid.info, 1000-dollar.cash, and so on. When these pop-ups start to appear, there are certain ways for computer users to immediately close the window and blocks it from displaying again. These security measures are all under the browser settings or configuration area.
If possible, avoid clicking random pop-ups and ads while browsing the internet. It might be from Windowsguidenews.com or any malicious website. Also note that, do not ever agree to enable browser notifications from this website. It can literally pose a threat to web user’s online privacy and security. Though Windowsguidenews.com only affects the browser programs, its redirect function can also lead to severe malware infection that can trigger issues to the operating system.
Windowsguidenews.com Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
This malware removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any threats like Trojan, virus, PUP, adware and malicious redirects like Windowsguidenews.com. The tool is powerful enough to find hazardous items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
To remove Windowsguidenews.com from Mac OS, please use the tool that was designed specifically for Macintosh users.
Malwarebytes For Mac Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Windowsguidenews.com.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Windowsguidenews.com and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Stage 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Windowsguidenews.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3 : Remove Windowsguidenews.com Pop-up Notification
These procedures in stopping Windowsguidenews.com pop-up notification may only be effective if relevant extension do not exist on the browser. If ever there is a relevant extension currently installed, this push notification configuration will reinstate during browser start-up. So, make sure that you have removed any malicious extension from the browser before executing the following steps.
For Google Chrome Users
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following strings in the address box and press Enter on your keyboard: chrome://settings/content/notifications
3. Navigate to “Allow” section and find Windowsguidenews.com from the list.
4. Click on More Actions and select Block from the options.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox Users
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser program.
2. Type the following strings on address bar and press Enter on keyboard: about:preferences#privacy
3. Under Permissions section, click on Settings button beside Notifications.
4. Look for Windowsguidenews.com and set the status to Block.
5. Lastly, click Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Windowsguidenews.com
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Windowsguidenews.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Windowsguidenews.com from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Windowsguidenews.com. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Windowsguidenews.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Windowsguidenews.com redirect and pop-up should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Windowsguidenews.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see view instructions here.