Windows Prime Booster is a fake antivirus program originating from WinWebSec family. This new version is a direct clone of Attentive Antivirus malware. If you do a research, both rogue software shares the same graphical user interface (GUI). Functions are also the same. In fact, the mentioned programs were not the first and last of its kind. This is just a descendant of Windows Efficiency Console. Expect that other variants of Windows Prime Booster will go out soon, striking many computers around the world.
Compromised web sites, spam emails, malicious links, and instant messaging programs are the main conduit of spreading Windows Prime Booster virus. Additionally, Trojan is utilized to spot a weakness on the computer and exploit it to inject the fake antivirus without user’s notice.
During the presence of Windows Prime Booster, user may observe instant virus scan when Windows starts. Viruses, Trojans, and other sorts of computer infection are shown in the result. Remember that the scan commences without your command and therefore you must be alerted on this. Results provided by Windows Prime Booster virus scan is untrue, it just tries to scare you.
You need to ignore those fake warnings; otherwise, you will end up buying the Windows Prime Booster registration key.
How to Remove Windows Prime Booster
Stage 1: Activating the Rogue Program
To easily uninstall Windows Prime Booster, we need to upgrade it to full version. As you can observe, computer has limited function. Thus, it is difficult to perform removal procedure at this stage. To activate Windows Prime Booster, click on Buy Full Edition button at the bottom of the console and enter the serial number below. If it prompts for email address, you can input anything you want.
Windows Prime Booster Activation Code: 0W000-000B0-00T00-E0020
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Windows Prime Booster and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for Windows Prime Booster’ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Windows Prime Booster. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Windows Prime Booster entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Windows Prime Booster have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Post Last Modified On January 17, 2014