WinClean Pro claims to enhance performance and increase startup speed of the computer by utilizing its various features. On its console, the program has a tool to deal with browser and internet items, junk and temporary files, Windows system, and installed applications.
During testing, we observed that this program could really perform scans and averagely detect troubled objects. However, on some areas, scanned errors can only be fixed by dialing their Live help at (855) 765-6711. This means, that remote technical support personnel will fix the computer for corresponding payment. Please note that during our transaction, remote staff only offers long-term plan to take care of our newly formatted and clean computer. They did not even bother to check the status of our computer first and see if services they are offering are appropriate. This gives as a suspicion that WinClean Pro is just one of the many bogus applications trying to promote remote desktop technical support and assistance services.
On our own observation, WinClean Pro functions the same way as local maintenance features of Windows. Disk checking, temporary files removal, uninstalling programs are already built-in with the operating system. Thus, WinClean Pro is unnecessary.
In order to remove WinClean Pro from the computer, we made a simple guide on this page. Uninstalling the program from Windows may not be sufficient because it normally arrives on the computer alongside some suspicious freeware. Therefore, we highly suggest scanning the computer with malware and virus removal tools. See the complete guide below.
How to Remove WinClean Pro
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall WinClean Pro from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select WinClean Pro or The Phone Support Dock from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds WinClean Pro and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of WinClean Pro using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for WinClean Pro . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all WinClean Pro entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that WinClean Pro have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to WinClean Pro.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.