WinClean Pro claims to enhance performance and increase startup speed of the computer by utilizing its various features. On its console, the program has a tool to deal with browser and internet items, junk and temporary files, Windows system, and installed applications.
During testing, we observed that this program could really perform scans and averagely detect troubled objects. However, on some areas, scanned errors can only be fixed by dialing their Live help at (855) 765-6711. This means, that remote technical support personnel will fix the computer for corresponding payment. Please note that during our transaction, remote staff only offers long-term plan to take care of our newly formatted and clean computer. They did not even bother to check the status of our computer first and see if services they are offering are appropriate. This gives as a suspicion that WinClean Pro is just one of the many bogus applications trying to promote remote desktop technical support and assistance services.
On our own observation, WinClean Pro functions the same way as local maintenance features of Windows. Disk checking, temporary files removal, uninstalling programs are already built-in with the operating system. Thus, WinClean Pro is unnecessary.
In order to remove WinClean Pro from the computer, we made a simple guide on this page. Uninstalling the program from Windows may not be sufficient because it normally arrives on the computer alongside some suspicious freeware. Therefore, we highly suggest scanning the computer with malware and virus removal tools. See the complete guide below.
WinClean Pro Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like WinClean Pro through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like WinClean Pro, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete WinClean Pro rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of WinClean Pro
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for WinClean Pro and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall WinClean Pro from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select WinClean Pro from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove WinClean Pro unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds WinClean Pro and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of WinClean Pro using Anti-malware Program
To remove WinClean Pro automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like WinClean Pro that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to WinClean Pro.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.