Win Magician is adding up to the extended list of rogue security and optimization tool from PCVARK family. To reach supposed victims, makers of this threat are making use of several misleading tactics. In most occasions where it successfully gains access on the computer, victims revealed that they were able to learn about Win Magician during an online scan. However, they are not aware that the bogus scanner page is a malicious advertisement that usually pop-ups if someone visit a dubious web site.
Adware infection that interacts with browsing activities of web users is also another cause for the fake online scanner to appear on the browser. With excessive redirects occurring on the compromised internet application, one instance may lead the browser to sites that exhibit the phony virus scan. Aside from Win Magician, web users may also unintentionally download similar bogus software like Xtron System Care, mBytes Clean Pro, PC Boost Pro, and so on.
Initially, the webpage will check the computer and in a matter of seconds, it completes the full scan showing dozens of identified threats and issues on web user’s computer. It then advises to download a fixer called Win Magician. So far, there is no other way to close the intrusive web page other than clicking the button suggesting to fix the problems.
When fully installed on the computer, Win Magician performs the same tricky techniques to instill worry on users regarding the hazardous effects of detected viruses and troubles on the system. This time, Win Magician attempts to influence victims to purchase the full version claiming that doing so will resolve all computer issues. Leaving Win Magician in Trial Mode on the computer can cause severe annoyances because it will never stop pounding the screen for alerts and warnings.
Keep in mind that scans performed by Win Magician are just mere simulations. Nothing is true to whatever detection it projects. Everything is just scare tactics to convince victims into purchasing the paid version of Win Magician. Instead of falling into this trick, computer security analyst suggests that removing Win Magician as soon as possible is the only solution to stop these disturbances.
Win Magician Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Win Magician from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Win Magician from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Win Magician and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Win Magician using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Win Magician . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Win Magician entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Win Magician have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Win Magician.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.