Win Boost Pro 2018 is a new variant of rogue computer security and optimization tool. It emerges from family of dubious programs that is also aggressive in promoting another malicious product called Driver Updater. Official website of Win Boost Pro 2018 claims that it can make PC run smooth, fast, and error free. However, user must buy the full version first before getting those benefits.
During diagnostics, we observed that Win Boost Pro 2018 arrives on the computer via free software bundles. User may also acquire this program by clicking on pop-ups and redirect pages of various suspicious web pages. Therefore, it is obvious that Win Boost Pro 2018 is using several intrusive techniques to gain access on target computer.
Once executed and installed, priority of Win Boost Pro 2018 is to deceive computer users. Thus, it will initiate complete scan during first launch. After a couple of minutes, it will issue thousands of threats, errors, and various troubles found on the system. Obviously, this is just a scare tactics commonly employed by most rogue programs. Unfortunately, its offer to fix the problems will only lead to further misinformation and lies to instantly sell the product.
To genuinely fix the issues, do not attempt to click on “Start Repair” button of Win Boost Pro 2018. This will only open a payment-processing window (see image below) inducing users to obtain the license version of Win Boost Pro 2018. Instead, we suggest to remove the rogue program using our efficient procedures. Simply uninstall the program from Windows Add-Remove area. Then, scan the computer with virus and malware remover to ensure that no more malicious objects are left on the system.
Win Boost Pro 2018 Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Win Boost Pro 2018 through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Win Boost Pro 2018, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Win Boost Pro 2018 rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Win Boost Pro 2018
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Win Boost Pro 2018 and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Win Boost Pro 2018 from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Win Boost Pro 2018 from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Win Boost Pro 2018 unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Win Boost Pro 2018 and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Win Boost Pro 2018 using Anti-malware Program
To remove Win Boost Pro 2018 automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Win Boost Pro 2018 that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Win Boost Pro 2018.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.