Win 7 Protection 2014 is fake antivirus software commonly known as rogue program. This type of malware normally enters the computer through Trojans, malware, and viruses. These threats will drop a copy of Win 7 Protection 2014 without your notice. It will then modify settings on Windows OS including part of the registry. This malware includes an entry on the registry that will run the rogue software during Windows start-up.
Other method used to deploy Win 7 Protection 2014 is via malicious links that you may encounter from spam emails, social media sites, and browser redirect issues. Simply clicking on the malicious links is enough to let the malware gain access to your PC and load the dreaded Win 7 Protection 2014 fake antivirus.
During the presence of Win 7 Protection 2014, users will observe antivirus scan each time computer starts. After the scan, it will try to deceive you and make you believe that system is highly infected with various threats. A detailed but false scan result will be provided by Win 7 Protection 2014 to support its declaration that virus is attacking the computer.
Aside from fake scan results, Win 7 Protection 2014 also uses alarming pop-up alerts stating virus presence. As usual, this fake alert will try to elude you into buying the Win 7 Protection 2014 registration key which you can only obtain by submitting your credit card details onto their online shopping cart.
We highly suggest the removal of Win 7 Protection 2014 virus immediately. Do not pay for the serial number of this malware as it will not help you is solving the problems.
Procedures to Remove Win 7 Protection 2014 Malware
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like Win 7 Protection 2014. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Win 7 Protection 2014. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and remove Win 7 Protection 2014 with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover. This tool was made specifically for malware like Win 7 Protection 2014.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Win 7 Protection 2014 and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for Win 7 Protection 2014 leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Win 7 Protection 2014 . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Win 7 Protection 2014 entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Win 7 Protection 2014 have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan and Delete Win 7 Protection 2014 remaining files with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Win 7 Protection 2014. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.