WeekaPp is an adware program that delivers advertising on the browser in order for people behind it to gain profit. In some ways, WeekaPp is deemed as malware or virus due to invasive tactics used to be able to penetrate a computer. Its installation on one’s computer is basically unwanted and not authorized by the owner.
This software comes packed with freeware or any other programs that are made to be utilized in ‘Pay-per-install’ scheme. There are also instances that WeekaPp is promoted through emails and social media sites. As mentioned, it could be very invasive and use Trojans to deploy its code. In fact, some antivirus vendors can detect a copy of WeekaPp as Skodna.Generic, Trojan.Crossrider.3, Adware.SaveShare, or Trojan.Win32.Plugie.a.
Once WeekaPp gains access on the computer, it will alter various settings on the browser. It injects code known as add-on or extension. This code is essential to display pop-up advertisements as you surf the net. Furthermore, WeekaPp may occasionally endorse random programs and apps for your devices and computer.
As you can see, main goal of WeekaPp is to generate revenue through this fraudulent means. It will deceive computer users just to have the program get installed on the system. This is enough reason to distrust this product and start removing it from the computer right away.
How to Remove WeekaPp Adware
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall WeekaPp
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove WeekaPp, SaveShare, Weeekapp, Weeukapp, Wieekapp entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below. Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to WeekaPp. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted WeekaPp from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of WeekaPp on the affected browser.
Post Last Modified On January 14, 2014