With so many rogue tool offering various features to make computer feel and run like new again, it is better just to stick with the traditional way of Windows-based utilities and match it with powerful security application. Another addition to the list of bogus system optimization tool is Webmoka Cleaner.
At first glance, it appears as valuable tool because it offers a range of benefits like fixing broken registries, boost system memory, speedup internet connection, clean junk files, and other promising aspects that claim to improve overall system performance.
Despite of having positive features, it did not evade the scrutinizing eyes of malware researchers. In fact, Webmoka Cleaner is immediately added to alarming list of rogue program from the same group who also spread very similar false enhancement tools like RegeasyFixer, Microsoft Cleanup, and PC RegCleaners. By looking at the graphical user interface alone, it cannot be denied that Webmoka Cleaner is just a remake version of older variants.
Scan interface is not the only thing unchanged on this new edition. Attackers even retains the method of deployment where Webmoka Cleaner is found to be bundled to several freeware that are hosted on suspicious websites and critical servers. The way of infiltration is mostly without user’s consent because the installation method used to unload Webmoka Cleaner onto the computer is very discreet.
After learning that Webmoka Cleaner is not a friendly application, there is no other option left but to remove it from the computer. Execute the procedures below to ensure complete removal of Webmoka Cleaner including all malicious objects associated with it.
Webmoka Cleaner Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Webmoka Cleaner from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Webmoka Cleaner from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Webmoka Cleaner and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Webmoka Cleaner using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Webmoka Cleaner . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Webmoka Cleaner entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Webmoka Cleaner have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Webmoka Cleaner.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Post Last Modified On October 14, 2020