Webexp Enhanced V1 is an adware that has a main purpose of displaying pop-up ads on the computer. This program was made specifically to generate revenue for its creators. Its presence on the browser brings annoyances including excessive pop-up ads and browser redirects. Typically, Webexp Enhanced V1 interferes with your browsing activities by pulling advertisements from its servers on your mouse click.
Webexp Enhanced V1 comes bundled with other software. Technically, adware authors are packaging this type of program onto freeware or shareware. Fake software updates pronounced itself critical also leads to the infection of Webexp Enhanced V1 adware. Malicious links you may receive from social media sites, spam emails, and other online sources can also allow Webexp Enhanced V1 to take over the computer.
As long as Webexp Enhanced V1 is listed as part of your browser’s add-on, you can never get rid of the pop-up ads and redirect issue. You must remove unwanted add-ons or extensions from the browser. In addition to that, you can also make use of Windows add/remove program to uninstall Webexp Enhanced V1 from the computer. Definitely, you need to end the removal process by scanning the computer with trusted anti-malware and anti-virus tools.
How to Remove Webexp Enhanced V1 Adware
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Webexp Enhanced V1
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Webexp Enhanced V1 entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently. You may uninstall FriendFinder or any Fabook-related software.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below. Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Webexp Enhanced V1. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Webexp Enhanced V1 from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Webexp Enhanced V1 on the affected browser.