web.longfintuna.net pop-up ad is another web address being utilized as an advertisement platform. Unwanted ads covering surveys, quizzes, online raffles will pop-up on your computer coming from web.longfintuna.net. There have been many variants of this adware recently and all of them are showing “Sponsorship“as page title. All of them came from a single author that is deploying multiple copies of the threat using different web sites.
web.longfintuna.net is spread by injecting its code to free programs, downloadable files, and fake software updates. Upon installing the program, adware likewise installs on the computer without user’s knowledge. The attack is evaluated by some security experts as akin to viruses; however, web.longfintuna.net is still group as an adware level. Its main purpose is to use generate ads once installed on the computer. Adware like web.longfintuna.net targets known browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome.
Aside from showing unwanted ads, web.longfintuna.net may also control what you will see on the home page. It may override the start-up page of the affected browser to display specified web page. Also, this threat may redirect search results to a different web site that likely exhibits pop-up and banner ads to its visitors.
To carry out this task, web.longfintuna.net drops add-on or extension into the browser. Simply removing this add-on doesn’t always resolve the problem with this unruly adware. You also need to run a scan with anti-virus and adware removal program to complete the removal.
Online Security Scanner Report for web.longfintuna.net:
|No Issues||Community Rating: 2.8/5.0||Updated: Sept 22, 2013|
|Not Yet Rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Sept 22, 2013|
|Surf with caution||Ratings: 0 Likes, 2 Dislikes||Updated: Sept 22, 2013|
web.longfintuna.net Removal Guide
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to web.longfintuna.net. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove web.longfintuna.net Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted web.longfintuna.net from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of web.longfintuna.net on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with web.longfintuna.net. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to web.longfintuna.net.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. web.longfintuna.net should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by web.longfintuna.net and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Post Last Modified On December 14, 2013