My Web Enhancer is categorically an adware that is referred by many computer users as pesky and annoying add-on. First and foremost, this program will get inside Mac OS X systems unknown to user. It comes uninvited with a program you have intentionally downloaded. In other terms, bundling My Web Enhancer adware to free program is the trick being used by adware authors. Although, the adware doesn’t live by this technique alone as it may use other ways like spreading links to social media sites and spam emails.
Most of the victims that have acquired My Web Enhancer are those careless Internet users. The only difference is this adware focuses more on Mac users. However, they are not the only one need to be aware of My Web Enhancer, because the adware may also affects PC users as well.
If My Web Enhancer adware has entered the computer, instantly you will notice changes on the browser. There are strange things happening while you surf online shopping sites. My Web Enhancer ads will appear containing a number of coupons that are relevant to your interest. Clicking on this number will expand the offer showing various links, coupons, discounts, and savings for a related product.
It appears that My Web Enhancer is worthy of being on the browser saving you time looking for online discounts. However, it is reported that adware authors are utilizing this service to direct web browsers to risky web sites. This leads to infection of adware once site is visited.
Procedures to Remove My Web Enhancer Adware from Mac
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
Step 1: Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to My Web Enhancer
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the adware. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari – Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome – Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox – Choose Add-ons from the Tools menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located My Web Enhancer, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 2: Delete Malicious Files that have installed My Web Enhancer
1. Navigate to the location given below and move the item to the Trash.
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing the My Web Enhancer to be present on your Mac.
Step 3: Scan the System with Adware Removal Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including My Web Enhancer.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, My Web Enhancer is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.