Weather Hub is a browser extension that claims to provide user with latest weather updates and 4 day weather forecast. This striking feature is the core reason why some computer users are deceived to settle with Weather Hub even though they did not install it personally.
Normally, adware such as Weather Hub come into computer via third-party programs. It can be shareware as free games, tools, download manager, media player, or bogus software update. This compelling bundle of products never seeks user’s approval before it unloads various applications onto the computer. As such, user may unconsciously have Weather Hub adware in the PC after downloading and installing freeware that was obtained from questionable sources.
Weather Hub is presently ranked as unknown browser extension. In fact, it is in the category of adware. This simply means that there are certain risks on the computer as long as Weather Hub is present. For instance, home page will have a new default unwanted search engine. Affected internet browser may also be redirected to various unsolicited web sites.
Another thing we have noticed from Weather Hub homepage is its constant redirection to Searchespro.com when searching the web. This action may be related to its advertising scheme or some sort of promotion.
Various changes made by this adware on the browser also causes some annoyances like extreme display of pop-up ads and full-page banners. Ads by Weather Hub continuously appear on the browser as long as it senses an internet connection. The only way to stop this money-driven commercial is to totally get rid of the adware. Therefore, we have made a systematic approach so that user may effectively remove Weather Hub from the computer. Please see the complete procedures below.
Online Security Scanner Report for weather-hub.com:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||May 05, 2017|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No data||May 05, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||May 05, 2017|
How to Remove Weather Hub
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Weather Hub
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Weather Hub entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Weather Hub. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Weather Hub from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Weather Hub on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Weather Hub from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Weather Hub from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Weather Hub by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Weather Hub removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Weather Hub. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Weather Hub. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Post Last Modified On May 5, 2017