Weather Forecast Alerts is presented as browser extension that will give you quick access on weather forecast. Aside from this feature, hidden motive of this program is to generate revenue through advertising scheme. Typically, ads shown by Weather Forecast Alerts are usually targeted based on gathered data from your computer. This adware is capable of monitoring victim’s browsing habit such as visited web sites, interested category, and anything that is relevant to your online concerns.
Weather Forecast Alerts delivers contextual advertisements in various formats. This can be in the form of banners, pop-ups, in-line, and redirects. These ads can be as safe as other online promos if not only for cyber crooks who are exploiting this kind of service to spread adware and malware. Thus, be cautious when clicking links from Weather Forecast Alerts advertisements.
Unwanted application such as this can give you hard time when uninstalling due to hidden codes protecting it. Simple virus scan can remove Weather Forecast Alerts for a while but it may resurface when you restart the computer. It is a common practice for adware authors to bundle various malicious programs into one installation package. Thus, when you install Weather Forecast Alerts, other adware will get installed in the background without your knowledge.
Being safe and secure while surfing the Internet is one way to avoid PUP such as Weather Forecast Alerts. To be sure that what you are downloading is safe and clean, obtain it from valid sources only. Having a security software protecting outgoing and incoming Internet traffic is also a big factor to stay safe while online.
To be able to delete Weather Forecast Alerts along with relevant malicious files, you need to scan the computer with efficient tools. Anti-malware and anti-virus scanners we provide on this page will surely get rid of any threats on the system.
Online Security Scanner Report for weatherforecastalerts.com:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Feb. 15, 2017|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Feb. 15, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Feb. 15, 2017|
How to Remove Weather Forecast Alerts
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Weather Forecast Alerts
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Weather Forecast Alerts or EightPoint entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Weather Forecast Alerts. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Weather Forecast Alerts from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Weather Forecast Alerts on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Weather Forecast Alerts
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Weather Forecast Alerts. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Weather Forecast Alerts from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Show advanced settings…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset Settings section.
5. Click on Reset Settings button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Weather Forecast Alerts. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also download Chrome Cleanup Tool from this page. A stand-alone reset tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Weather Forecast Alerts.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Weather Forecast Alerts should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Weather Forecast Alerts and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.