If home page of Google Chrome is taken over by Wave Abstract – New Tab, then it is possible that the same extension is controlling the browser. Official site states that this program can add some vibes to your new tab and homepage by displaying wavy animation effect. In addition, Wave Abstract is offering other features like quick access to favorite web sites and free weather updates. Some people find this extension useful due to this attractive element. However, some computer users find Wave Abstract disturbing. Actually, it is invasive to the point that it will never seek permission from user prior to installation.
Freeware like games, tools, download manager, media players are just some transporter of Wave Abstract. It arrives on the computer as part of software bundles. Upon execution of the free program, adware and other unwanted application that are part of the package are loaded onto the computer if user opts for automatic installation. Thus, it is vital to run this process in “Custom” mode to exclude programs that are not appropriate.
If in case Wave Abstract – New Tab is installed, it will alter Google Chrome settings right away. Search.wave-abstract.com is set as the new homepage, new tab, and search engine. Reversing the settings is difficult at this moment due to browser helper objects that loads Wave Abstract configuration each time the browser starts. Therefore, it is vital to get rid of this adware in order to bring back the preferred homepage and search provider.
Below is our simple guide to help you remove Wave Abstract along with other malicious objects that arrives with it. Execute the procedures in proper way to ensure the complete removal of adware from the computer and Google Chrome browser as well.
Online Security Scanner Report for wave-abstract.com:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Updated: Dec. 27, 2017|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||Updated: Dec. 27, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Dec. 27, 2017|
How to Remove Wave Abstract
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Wave Abstract
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Wave Abstract entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Wave Abstract. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Wave Abstract from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Wave Abstract on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Wave Abstract from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Wave Abstract from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Wave Abstract by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Wave Abstract removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Wave Abstract. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Wave Abstract. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.