“Warning! You have excessive popups” is a malicious pop-up that originates from various malicious domains. This pop-up aims to entice computer users from availing what is being endorsed in the ads. In this case, “Warning! You have excessive popups” is promoting an online technical support that promises to fix problems on your computer. However, most of the tech-support that relies on pop-ups to advertise their services are known to be fraudulent.
If you ever see “Warning! You have excessive popups”, you will be safe by just closing them. Clicking on this link may only open a malicious browser window that may contain harmful code which affects your Internet browser. Additionally, seeing “Warning! You have excessive popups” pop-ups may indicate that malware is already present on the system. However, it is not always the case. This misleading pop-up is also exhibited when visiting compromised web sites. Here is the full message you will see on the screen:
You have excessive popups. Windows may have been infected. Please call 1-844-839-7975 from immediate support!
When “Warning! You have excessive popups” on the browser, we highly suggest closing all open window. Then, disconnect your Internet connection and run a virus scan immediately. Otherwise, you will be redirected to harmful web site immediate-support.com. You may also want to block the web address where “Warning! You have excessive popups” originates so it will not have any chance of bothering you again.
Keep in mind that pop-ups that are suspicious can always cause harm when followed. Thus, we highly suggest installing a security program that has real-time monitoring on your Internet. In that case, malicious online traffic will be blocked at once.
“Warning! You have excessive popups” Removal Guide
Stage 1: Remove Rootkit and Virus from the Computer
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit as well as malware that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link provided. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
– Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, double-click the file to install the program on the computer. It will update the database once installations has finished. Internet connection is required at this point.
3. After downloading necessary updates, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
4. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
– Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to “Warning! You have excessive popups”. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove Adware Add-on linked to “Warning! You have excessive popups” and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted “Warning! You have excessive popups” from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (this will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of “Warning! You have excessive popups” on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with “Warning! You have excessive popups”. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from “Warning! You have excessive popups”. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Advanced‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset settings to their original defaults button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed “Warning! You have excessive popups” extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to “Warning! You have excessive popups”.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. “Warning! You have excessive popups” should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by “Warning! You have excessive popups” and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.