“WARNING: Your Current Browser Is Outdated!” is linked to a malicious software that was made by cyber crooks in order to download and install a variety of unwanted program into your computer. This pop-up message states that you are using an old browser needed to be updated to the latest version. Some may think that this is a normal warning that may appear on the computer when needed. The truth is, “WARNING: Your Current Browser Is Outdated!” is perpetuated by malware authors to deploy malicious programs. Here is what you can read on the fake pop-up window:
“Message from webpage
WARNING: Your Current Browser Is Outdated!
A critical security update has been released and you are required to update your Java Player. This page will automatically close once the security update has been installed.”
“WARNING: Your Current Browser Is Outdated!” normally installs adware and other unwanted programs once executed. It can also inject add-on or plug-in to target browsers including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. This task may lead to various annoyances like excessive pop-up advertisements, browser hijacking and redirect problems, and other things that can upset computer users.
You may have got “WARNING: Your Current Browser Is Outdated!” from freeware or shareware. This is the main avenue for bad guys to deploy malicious programs. So, to be able to stop the pop-up warning, you must delete whatever threat is residing on the PC. Running a virus scan can automate this process.
How to remove “WARNING: Your Current Browser Is Outdated!”
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like “WARNING: Your Current Browser Is Outdated!”. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to “WARNING: Your Current Browser Is Outdated!”. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to “WARNING: Your Current Browser Is Outdated!”. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove “WARNING: Your Current Browser Is Outdated!” Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted “WARNING: Your Current Browser Is Outdated!” from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of “WARNING: Your Current Browser Is Outdated!” on the affected browser.