Vudu Search is an extension for Google Chrome browser that asserts to let user easily switch between favorite search engines right at homepage and new tab pages. After installation, this program will alter settings on the browser to control homepage and default search engine. Apart from custom search provider, Vudu Search will include own tool bar item for quick access. Presence of this unwanted program is very noticeable due to said tool bar and integrated text on the address bar, which states “Search Vudu Search or type URL“.
There are a number of concerns about this extension. Some user claims that Vudu Search arrives on the computer as part of unwanted software bundles. In fact, there is still no constructive feedback on its Chrome Store review page. While searching the internet, some people claim that Vudu Search installs itself without their permission. Freeware or shareware that bundles Vudu Search are merely to blame for its sudden appearance. Thus, suspicious free program must be removed as well.
This extension does not really benefit end user because it offers a feature that is already built-in to Google Chrome browser. If you do not see the need for such search engine switcher, it may be better to just remove it from the browser. Having browser extension like this is just simply redundancy and may consume some of your system resources that may result to slow down and conflicts.
If you need effective guide to remove Vudu Search, simply browse the section below. We have tools that can scan the computer to find and remove files belonging to this unwanted program. Using our procedure not only allows you to remove the extension, it will also locate and delete malicious program that brought in Vudu Search.
Online Security Scanner Report for vudusearch.com:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Updated: Oct. 14, 2018|
|Unverified||Feedback: No data||Updated: Oct. 14, 2018|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Oct. 14, 2018|
How to Remove Vudu Search
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Remove Vudu Search from Google Chrome
We are presenting various options to remove Vudu Search from Google Chrome browser using only internal functions and approach. Most of browser annoyances can be fixed via these processes. If Vudu Search persists after executing these steps, it is better to run anti-malware scan as suggested below.
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Vudu Search from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Vudu Search by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Vudu Search removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Vudu Search. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar, please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Vudu Search. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Option 3 – Use Google Chrome Clean Up Feature
1. On Google Chrome address bar, input this string: chrome://settings/cleanup and then press Enter on keyboard.
2. Click Find button to start scanning the computer.
Step 2 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Vudu Search
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Vudu Search entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Vudu Search.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Vudu Search and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Vudu Search. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.