Potentially unwanted program (PUP) like vNewsFeed is currently endorsed by developers as useful tool to encourage users into downloading and installing it on their computer. Once it enters the system, this malicious program will make unnecessary changes to browser programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. It comes uninvited and often surprises users by making abrupt modifications to web browser’s home page, new tab page, and even search engine. These vital areas will display the new default unwanted web address or URL.
vNewsFeed is presented as an internet browser extension that helps user find and watch online streaming media easily. However, it does not behave as what it claims to be. It has another purpose that can risk browser program, computer, and user’s online privacy as well. The alteration it makes on web browsers does not benefit the users in any way. In fact, these changes will result to annoying issues. vNewsFeed associated ads will keep on appearing while users are surfing the internet. These advertisements will most likely redirect users to more dangerous websites when clicked. Whether it is clicked intentionally or accidentally, it matters to adware developers because in that way, these online fraudsters can generate income through the applied advertising scheme. In addition, vNewsFeed adware has the ability to track personal details and information of users through spying web browsers like recording its activities. The data collected by adware makers can be shared with other cyber criminals to blackmail or extort money from victims. This worst-case scenario is a serious threat to users simply by just installing vNewsFeed PUP.
How vNewsFeed penetrates the computer?
Careless installation and downloading of questionable apps or freeware can be a passing way for nearly all PUP’s and adware to penetrate computer. Ignoring to read details, descriptions, and options before proceeding is sometimes the reason why users installed an unwanted application like vNewsFeed. There is a so-called “software bundles” which is also the way of vNewsFeed developers to deploy their malicious app and hides through it to enter computers.
Another way for web users to acquire adware is by clicking intrusive ads on internet. Some ads can execute scripts to automatically install and download PUP and adware, which cause infections to computer system. Therefore, preventing this malicious program is highly feasible by installing anti-virus or anti-malware programs that blocks malicious internet traffics and infectious executable files.
vNewsFeed Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the Adware from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting pop-ups and redirects.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete vNewsFeed Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to vNewsFeed.
Remove vNewsFeed from Windows (Internet Explorer or Edge Browser)
1. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
2. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
3. Select vNewsFeed or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
If vNewsFeed is still present on the IE browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups, another option is to remove the adware from the browser settings.
4. Open Internet Explorer program.
5. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
6. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of vNewsFeed from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete the same object from Search Providers section.
7. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
Remove vNewsFeed Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find vNewsFeed or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall vNewsFeed Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to vNewsFeed and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that pop-ups and other troubles are gone from the browser.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove vNewsFeed automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful virus and malware removal tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering adware like vNewsFeed.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove adware like vNewsFeed.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to vNewsFeed and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the vNewsFeed adware. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat, please proceed to the succeeding procedures below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of vNewsFeed on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces annoying pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by vNewsFeed.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to vNewsFeed. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by vNewsFeed. If the adware still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with vNewsFeed. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from vNewsFeed. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of vNewsFeed.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed vNewsFeed extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to vNewsFeed. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. vNewsFeed should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by vNewsFeed and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.