Virus:DOS/Rovnix.gen!A is a computer virus that can be identified by Miscrosoft security software or other antivirus programs. It usually infiltrates the computer through other infection. Security holes and software vulnerabilities on the computer can also be exploited by an attacker to drop Virus:DOS/Rovnix.gen!A.
Dropping malicious files, adding registry entries, and infecting some system files are just some harmful effects of Virus:DOS/Rovnix.gen!A. Aside from these, people behind this virus runs a command within the code that can endanger and put the computer at high risk.
First Detected: April 24, 2014
Virus:DOS/Rovnix.gen!A was first detected by Microsoft security software on the date stated above. Since then, this virus has spread over the Internet. Some antivirus products may be able to contain this threat if the most recent database or pattern file is installed. If your antivirus software fails to detect Virus:DOS/Rovnix.gen!A, maybe it is time to update the program to the most recent version.
Other Aliases for Virus:DOS/Rovnix.gen!A
So far, no known aliases or name for this virus was published.
Alert Level: Severe
With high or severe alert level, it only means that Virus:DOS/Rovnix.gen!A can compromise the computer to the point that it will crash or be made unusable. This also implies that the virus can possess real threat to other computers.
Computer viruses are malicious programs that cause harm, corruption, delete data, or spread itself to other systems. It is often spread by means of spam emails, social media sites, instant messaging applications, or other types of infection from malware or trojan. It is vital to avoid spam emails and unknown links to prevent Virus:DOS/Rovnix.gen!A from infecting your computer.
Follow these procedures to remove Virus:DOS/Rovnix.gen!A
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Microsoft Safety Scanner
Miscrosoft Safety Scanner is a free tool that scan and helps remove malware, viruses, trojans, and other malicious programs. This is a stand-alone utility that requires no installation and works smoothly with your own anti-virus program. Start removing Virus:DOS/Rovnix.gen!A with the help of this tool by following the instructions below.
1. Download Microsoft Security Essentials from the link provided below.
Click here to download MSERT (this will open a new window)
2. Navigate to the folder where you download the program and Double-click on the file msert.exe.
3. When Security Warning pop-ups, please click on Run to open Microsoft Safety Scanner.
4. If User Account Control pop-ups confirming if you want to allow the program to make changes on the computer, please click Yes.
5. You need to accept ‘End user license agreement‘ to be able to run the tool. Proceed with the succeeding steps.
6. On Scan Type window, please select Full Scan. Microsoft Safety Scanner will scan the whole system and this process may take a while. Once scan has completed, delete or clean identified items infected with Virus:DOS/Rovnix.gen!A.
Stage 2 : Double-check and remove threats from the computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like Virus:DOS/Rovnix.gen!A. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Click here to download Sophos Virus Removal Tool (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, double-click the file to install the program on the computer. It will update the database once installation has finished. Internet connection is required at this point.
3. After downloading necessary updates, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
4. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Virus:DOS/Rovnix.gen!A. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 3 : Scan and delete malicious items with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Virus:DOS/Rovnix.gen!A. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.