Viralreporter.net is not a usual magazine or news website that online users may visit should they wish to read stories. Instead, browser is redirected to random URL of Viralreporter.net via redirect scripts initiated by dubious sites. To site an example, if web user visits a questionable page from Notify-service.com or Arkbahale.club, the browser may experience a series of redirects until it end up on a page hosted under Viralreporter.net.
The screenshot image on this page displays a page relevant to health and wellness. Hence, Viralreporter.net may display different topic for specific visitor. The thing is, in order for this website to show off marketing page that can attract users, certain code that monitors browser applications like Safari, Google Chrome, and Firefox must be put in place. In accomplishing this task, attackers are utilizing software bundling method to install unwanted browser extension. Therefore, seeing Viralreporter.net is somehow a confirmation of adware infection and presence of malicious browser code is highly possible. Hence, this is not always the rationale because most often, web users sees the ads from this suspicious site through redirect scripts as mentioned earlier.
Whether Viralreporter.net is locally present on Mac computer or simply due to browser pass-on, it is highly recommended to scan the system with legitimate virus and malware removal apps. This is the only way to ensure that Mac system is free from any potentially unwanted program (PUP). If ever you are certain that browser is infected with adware, please accomplish the guide below to completely stop Viralreporter.net pop-up and redirect.
Viralreporter.net Removal Procedure for PC
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Viralreporter.net.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Viralreporter.net and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Viralreporter.net on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Viralreporter.net.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Viralreporter.net.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Procedures to Remove Viralreporter.net from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Viralreporter.net. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
Click here to Download Combo Cleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Viralreporter.net.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Viralreporter.net.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Viralreporter.net is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Remove Viralreporter.net Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Viralreporter.net. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Viralreporter.net are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying. To stop Viralreporter.net from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Viralreporter.net.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Viralreporter.net list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Viralreporter.net from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Viralreporter.net entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Viralreporter.net pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Viralreporter.net.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Viralreporter.net pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Viralreporter.net from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.