Viralreporter.net is not a usual magazine or news website that online users may visit should they wish to read stories. Instead, browser is redirected to random URL of Viralreporter.net via redirect scripts initiated by dubious sites. To site an example, if web user visits a questionable page from Notify-service.com or Arkbahale.club, the browser may experience a series of redirects until it end up on a page hosted under Viralreporter.net.
The screenshot image on this page displays a page relevant to health and wellness. Hence, Viralreporter.net may display different topic for specific visitor. The thing is, in order for this website to show off marketing page that can attract users, certain code that monitors browser applications like Safari, Google Chrome, and Firefox must be put in place. In accomplishing this task, attackers are utilizing software bundling method to install unwanted browser extension. Therefore, seeing Viralreporter.net is somehow a confirmation of adware infection and presence of malicious browser code is highly possible. Hence, this is not always the rationale because most often, web users sees the ads from this suspicious site through redirect scripts as mentioned earlier.
Whether Viralreporter.net is locally present on Mac computer or simply due to browser pass-on, it is highly recommended to scan the system with legitimate virus and malware removal apps. This is the only way to ensure that Mac system is free from any potentially unwanted program (PUP). If ever you are certain that browser is infected with adware, please accomplish the guide below to completely stop Viralreporter.net pop-up and redirect.
Procedures to Remove Viralreporter.net from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Viralreporter.net. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Viralreporter.net.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Viralreporter.net
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Viralreporter.net or any suspicious objects, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Viralreporter.net.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Viralreporter.net is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Delete Viralreporter.net Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Viralreporter.net during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Viralreporter.net.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Viralreporter.net or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Step 5: Block Viralreporter.net Pop-up Notification from Google Chrome
The small box appearing on sidebar or taskbar bearing the web address of Viralreporter.net is called Push Notifications. Most of the time, removing the browser extension that enforces it is enough to stop the pop-ups. Hence, if Viralreporter.net pop-ups persistently appears, this guide is helpful in blocking it manually.
1. On the address bar, please type the following strings and press Return on keyboard:
2. Navigate to "Allow" section and locate Viralreporter.net.
3. Click on More Actions button (3 dots) and select Block from the list. You may also choose Remove but blocking is more preferred to avoid encountering the same in the future.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by Viralreporter.net. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select Viralreporter.net or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with Viralreporter.net.