Vidsquare or sometime spelled as Vidsqaure, is an ad supported program that was purposely made to gain online profit. Its official site state that Vidsquare can give user unlimited access to geographically restricted contents as Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Pandora, and so on. This adware comes from various online sources. Primarily, adware like this are deployed using freeware. It employs software-bundling scheme which spreads the adware without user’s detection. By packing the malicious code onto valid programs, most computer users are unaware of its installation.
To give you simple and reliable DNS and VPN service is the selling point of Vidsquare. However, the main goal of this adware is to generate profit by displaying ads once victim use it as browser extension. This application was made to have an effect on known browser programs. Thus, after installing this product, you may begin to see advertisements with labels “Ads by Vidsquare” or “Brought by Vidsquare”.
Resetting your browser to its default value may never help in removing Vidsquare totally. It will carry on with its operation and issue excessive advertisements like pop-ups, banners, and links. Above all, Vidsquare exposes your online data to attacker. The adware may record your browsing activities like surfing habit, web site visited, key words, and other online credentials.
It is crucial to remove Vidsquare when presence is observed on your computer. If resetting your browser to default settings is not effective, we highly suggest that you scan the system with anti-virus and anti-malware tools. Complete guide to remove Vidsquare is presented on this page.
Online Security Scanner Report for vidsqaure.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Aug. 27, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Aug. 27, 2016|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Aug. 27, 2016|
How to Remove Vidsquare from PC
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Vidsquare
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Vidsquare entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Vidsquare. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Vidsquare Add-on/Extension and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Vidsquare from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Vidsquare on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Vidsquare
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Vidsquare. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Google Chrome to Remove Vidsquare
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Vidsquare. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Vidsquare. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Vidsquare.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Vidsquare should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Vidsquare and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Procedures to Remove Vidsquare Adware from Mac
Step 1: Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Vidsquare
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the adware. To do this, please follow the procedure depending on affected browser.
Safari – Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome – Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox – Choose Add-ons from the Tools menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Vidsquare, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 2: Delete Malicious Files that have installed Vidsquare
1. Navigate to the location given below and move the item to the Trash.
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing the Vidsquare to be present on your Mac.
Step 3: Scan the System with Adware Removal Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Vidsquare.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Vidsquare is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.