Videoz Searchs or Portal.videoz-searchs.com is another additive to the long list of browser hijacker. Computer users usually sees this on internet browser program after installing a questionable freeware that was obtained from a site that do not possess admirable trust rating. Every web users are in danger of getting Videoz Searchs if their source of free applications are web sites that primarily put up to distribute counterfeit software and media including torrent sites and underground file-sharing networks.
Videoz Searchs or similar threats from the same adware family like Querics Search and Mint Search are commonly integrated to appealing freeware like creativity app, games, internet booster, download manager, and more. When web user installs such dubious software package, Videoz Searchs or any of the integrated apps also gets onboard even without user’s intervention. The package was designed to install everything in it while disregarding user’s authority.
Aside from software bundling hoax, makers of Videoz Searchs likewise utilize online advertising campaign as another channel to propagate their product. Again, misleading technique is similarly applied on this method by promoting Videoz Searchs as a worthy browser extension that produces quick and accurate search results particularly when looking for videos or movies online.
Risk factors of having Videoz Searchs adware
As stated, Videoz Searchs originates from family of adware or potentially unwanted program (PUP). The primary objective of creating this browser extension is mainly to conquer the browser and dominate its operation. Videoz Searchs is able to monitor browsing habit of web user and log several information like search keywords, favorite websites, visited pages, and so on. Collected data is then process to come up with an analytics about user’s online preferences and at this point, Videoz Searchs will be able to exhibit targeted advertisements on the browser.
Because ads by Videoz Searchs are not provided by an upright ad network, malicious marketing objects may sometimes pop-up on the browser. Moreover, it can execute browser redirects that point the browser pages to sites that hosts adware or malware.
Importance of removing Videoz Searchs
It is obvious that online risk is high while Videoz Searchs is installed. Deleting this unusual browser extension is the only solution to restore safety and security on the browser. Computer users also gains the ideal online privacy after the complete removal of Videoz Searchs adware.
Videoz Searchs Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting browser hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of browser hijacker like Videoz Searchs through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Videoz Searchs, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Videoz Searchs hijacker including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows includes Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : Delete Videoz Searchs Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Videoz Searchs.
Remove Videoz Searchs Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Videoz Searchs or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall Videoz Searchs Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Videoz Searchs and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that Videoz Searchs is also gone from the homepage.
Remove Videoz Searchs Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Videoz Searchs from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete unwanted entry from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Videoz Searchs is still present on the IE browser and there are still unwanted homepage and pop-ups, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select Videoz Searchs or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Videoz Searchs automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-virus tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like Videoz Searchs that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Videoz Searchs.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Videoz Searchs and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the Videoz Searchs browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Videoz Searchs on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces hijacking, redirects, and pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Videoz Searchs.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Videoz Searchs. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with the hijacker.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Videoz Searchs. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Videoz Searchs. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Videoz Searchs. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of Videoz Searchs.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Videoz Searchs extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Videoz Searchs. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Videoz Searchs should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Videoz Searchs and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.