Vgrabber is a program that will get loaded into the computer through various ways. It is also promoted by several tools that a user may obtain from online servers without a cost. You must be aware that some free software is made available to the public for hidden purposes. In this case, downloaded program also installs Vgrabber into your computer without taking permission. As a result, most victims called it as Vgrabber virus.
If Vgrabber is installed, home page of the browser will have noticeable changes. It will be using a Vgrabber Search instead of the default settings. This search is somehow effective. Fine results are displayed; however, some users are annoyed with advertisements delivered by Vgrabber Search.
In addition, you will see a presence of Vgrabber Toolbar. It will contain various features from the program itself plus some buttons and link that we find useless. They have no use, because these buttons are just simply a shortcut for you to open popular web sites like Facebook, Youtube, and so on.
Just in case you didn’t know, Vgrabber is a tool that will give you easy access to most online videos. Using the same tool, users will have an easy way of downloading and converting these videos to a various format. It is clear that Vgrabber is not a virus as conceived by some. It is a program that is deployed using various tactics, which is not ordinarily used to promote a software.
Online Security Scanner Report for Vgrabber:
To check for the safety of a program, it is important to get the reputation of the developer’s web site. On this area, we will check how Vgrabber’s web site is graded by security programs using individual web site scanner engine.
How does Vgrabber adware enters a computer?
There are many ways how adware authors spread their thing over the Internet. Attackers are using trick to deceive users and let them download and install an adware intentionally. They are applying tricks that forces victim to load the program. For instance, the adware will disguise as a tool to speed-up Internet browsing or file download. Apart from that, there are still dozens of methods being employed by adware authors. Here are some of them.
– You may have downloaded a program to where Vgrabber is bundled.
– There is a chance that computer may be contracted with this malware if owner visits and execute malicious code from associated web sites.
– With clever tricks, adware authors can easily let victim install the program with own intent.
How to Remove Vgrabber (Uninstall Procedures)
Stage 1: Remove Rootkit and Virus from the Computer
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit as well as malware that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from this page. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
2. Once the download completes, double-click the file to install the program on the computer. It will update the database once installations has finished. Internet connection is required at this point.
3. After downloading necessary updates, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
4. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below. Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Vgrabber. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Vgrabber from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Vgrabber on the affected browser.