Vendo pop-up displays buttons for Wikipedia, Google, Youtube, Twitter, and other popular web sites. It aims to help computer user search for highlighted words and phrases through the pop-up buttons. Some find Vendo search tool helpful, while others realized that it was a complete annoyance on the computer. In addition, some computer users believe that Vendo pop-up is part of virus or malware due to its infiltration technique that didn’t request for one’s consent.
Typical installation of Vendo search tool requires freeware or shareware. This adware is packed to free programs that users may acquire from various web sites. Authors behind Vendo adware is using pay-per-install scheme to spread the code. Some computer users may also find this adware on bogus software update, shareware, and trial programs.
During installation, Vendo will make certain changes on the browser. It will install add-on and extension of the browser that will result for Vendo search tool to pop-up as user highlight words on the content of browser. Some find it easy to uninstall the adware but most users currently dealing with this adware claims that Vendo will resurface one computer restarts. There are also complains that Vendo adware uninstall options is not available on Windows Control Panel.
One sure way to remove and stop Vendo search bar from showing up is to run a complete scan of effective security tools. This is outlined on the section below.
How to Remove Vendo adware
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Vendo adware
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Vendo Search Tool entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Vendo adware. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Vendo adware from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Vendo adware on the affected browser.