Velocecdn.com is yet another browser redirect that web users may bump into while surfing the internet. This unusual pushy ad comes into view during a visit to doubtful websites that are normally file-sharing portal, movie provider, and media streaming pages. Velocecdn.com is in fact part of underground ad network that is actively redirecting internet traffic to partner’s websites and paid marketing web pages. Unfortunately, online security is not of this ad-provider and web users may land to malicious pages that distributes potentially unwanted program (PUP) or adware.
Technically, Velocecdn.com is a referrer domain, which is very similar to Usinesmycete.info and Viighj.com. It chooses what type of ads will be shown to web users. It holds an enormous amount of data that it utilizes when selecting proper ads to display basing from computer profiles, user’s data, and relevant online information it has gathered previously. Ads showing on the web page vary from one user to another or one country to a different location. This targeted advertisement campaign have been successful in elevating online ad profit of attackers and therefore they continue to use the usual tactics of incorporating web cookies that store bits of information from browser programs. But unlike legitimate websites, Velocecdn.com and its code are risky because they logs even the most sensitive and private information that user inputs on the browser.
Clearly, seeing Velocecdn.com is a threat to ones online security and privacy. Therefore, avoiding suspicious sites that are associated with it is the first line of defense. If Velocecdn.com persistently shows up on the browser, it denotes that scanning the computer with virus and malware removal apps is crucial. Complete procedures to make sure that browser as well as computer is free from any malicious objects are posted on the next section.
Procedures to Remove Velocecdn.com from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Velocecdn.com. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Velocecdn.com.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Velocecdn.com
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Velocecdn.com or any suspicious objects, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Velocecdn.com.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Velocecdn.com is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Delete Velocecdn.com Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Velocecdn.com during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Velocecdn.com.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Velocecdn.com or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Step 5: Block Velocecdn.com Pop-up Notification from Google Chrome
The small box appearing on sidebar or taskbar bearing the web address of Velocecdn.com is called Push Notifications. Most of the time, removing the browser extension that enforces it is enough to stop the pop-ups. Hence, if Velocecdn.com pop-ups persistently appears, this guide is helpful in blocking it manually.
1. On the address bar, please type the following strings and press Return on keyboard:
2. Navigate to "Allow" section and locate Velocecdn.com.
3. Click on More Actions button (3 dots) and select Block from the list. You may also choose Remove but blocking is more preferred to avoid encountering the same in the future.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by Velocecdn.com. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select Velocecdn.com or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with Velocecdn.com.