Velocecdn.com is yet another browser redirect that web users may bump into while surfing the internet. This unusual pushy ad comes into view during a visit to doubtful websites that are normally file-sharing portal, movie provider, and media streaming pages. Velocecdn.com is in fact part of underground ad network that is actively redirecting internet traffic to partner’s websites and paid marketing web pages. Unfortunately, online security is not of this ad-provider and web users may land to malicious pages that distributes potentially unwanted program (PUP) or adware.
Technically, Velocecdn.com is a referrer domain, which is very similar to Usinesmycete.info and Viighj.com. It chooses what type of ads will be shown to web users. It holds an enormous amount of data that it utilizes when selecting proper ads to display basing from computer profiles, user’s data, and relevant online information it has gathered previously. Ads showing on the web page vary from one user to another or one country to a different location. This targeted advertisement campaign have been successful in elevating online ad profit of attackers and therefore they continue to use the usual tactics of incorporating web cookies that store bits of information from browser programs. But unlike legitimate websites, Velocecdn.com and its code are risky because they logs even the most sensitive and private information that user inputs on the browser.
Clearly, seeing Velocecdn.com is a threat to ones online security and privacy. Therefore, avoiding suspicious sites that are associated with it is the first line of defense. If Velocecdn.com persistently shows up on the browser, it denotes that scanning the computer with virus and malware removal apps is crucial. Complete procedures to make sure that browser as well as computer is free from any malicious objects are posted on the next section.
Velocecdn.com Removal Procedure for PC
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Velocecdn.com.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Velocecdn.com and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Velocecdn.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Velocecdn.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Velocecdn.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Procedures to Remove Velocecdn.com from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Velocecdn.com. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
Click here to Download Combo Cleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Velocecdn.com.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Velocecdn.com.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Velocecdn.com is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Remove Velocecdn.com Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Velocecdn.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Velocecdn.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying. To stop Velocecdn.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Velocecdn.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Velocecdn.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Velocecdn.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Velocecdn.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Velocecdn.com pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Velocecdn.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Velocecdn.com pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Velocecdn.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.