Annoying pop-up ads coming from the web address uwavou.com are due to the presence of adware on the computer. This kind of adware targets Internet browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Due to its promotion and advertising scheme, security software tagged uwavou.com as adware. It may not be as harmful as virus but its presence brings risks on the computer.
Freeware, malicious links, and infected web sites are the most common source of uwavou.com code. Its presence on the computer causes browser hijacking that redirect requested page to full-page ads, banners, or any relevant promotional scheme. Users also receive pop-up ads from uwavou.com constantly selling unknown products or programs.
With the presence of uwavou.com, you data and other sensitive information is at risks. This adware looks into visited web sites, keywords, and other facts that may be useful in sending you offer in the future. The adware also collects other data that is supposed to be for your own private use only.
Some users judged uwavou.com as one kind of virus due to its invasive method of entering Windows system. Its ability to get installed without user’s approval is alarming. Most of all, removing uwavou.com pop-up ads from the computer is one difficult task that every computer user may encounter.
Online Security Scanner Report for uwavou.com:
|No Issues||Community Rating: 1.0/5.0||Updated: Dec 09, 2013|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: N/A||Updated: Dec 09, 2013|
|Currently safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Dec 09, 2013|
uwavou.com Removal Guide
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to uwavou.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove uwavou.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted uwavou.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of uwavou.com on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with uwavou.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to uwavou.com.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. uwavou.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by uwavou.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.