Having Useful Program on your PC is not favored since this application is a known Adware. It injects ads into the browser which generates revenue for its authors. Although, Useful Program may seem to be an interesting software at first glimpse, it has malicious agenda once installed on the PC. The adware bears the tag line “Navigate the internet with ease with Useful Program!”
Initially, this adware typically sneaks into the computer without asking for user’s permission. Third-party software is used by Useful Program to spread a copy of its code. The adware is also bundled to other adware that you may download from a number of web sites. Usually, unwanted programs are masked as required player when you are viewing online movies. On some instances, carrier of this adware are utilizing bogus tools, updates, and free games as cover-up.
Useful Program is normally installed on the computer as browser add-on or extension. It attacks popular apps like Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. The effect of this adware is visible through too much ads shown on your browser. Aside from that, it will add other functions on the browser to promote relevant adware like Mokiray, ClearThink, and Search Maven.
We highly propose the removal of Useful Program as soon as possible. This adware is also capable for stealing sensitive data from the computer that it may used to deliver unwanted ads. Use only efficient anti-virus and anti-malware application when getting rid of Useful Program malware.
Online Security Scanner Report for usefulprogram.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||July 04, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||July 04, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: No Data||July 04, 2016|
How to Remove Useful Program
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Useful Program
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Useful Program or Yontoo entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Useful Program. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Useful Program from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Useful Program on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Useful Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Useful Program. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Useful Program. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Advanced‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset settings to their original defaults button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Useful Program extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Useful Program.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Useful Program should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Useful Program and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.