Uptimecdn.com is an address that is under the list of suspicious websites, which malware makers are utilizing to spread their dangerous products. This websites is employing an aggressive advertising campaign that may pop-up on the browser if user pays a visit to partner’s web page. Uptimecdn.com is actually a first page for series of pop-ups and redirects that user may encounter while viewing a malicious page.
Some web users claim that Uptimecdn.com appearance kicks-off right after opening a browser application. If this is the case, an adware maybe taking control of the browser. Adware is typically integrated onto the browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari as extension. The applet may have entered the computer discreetly while user is installing freeware or third party software that contains undeclared surplus programs. Beware of these free applications, as malware makers are employing them to spread Adware and Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP). Fortunately, on this instance, the payload of the malicious extension is only to redirect the browser and primary objective so far is to gain online revenue through pushy advertisements. Hence, user must also deal with this issue as soon as possible.
Pop-up or redirect window of Uptimecdn.com indicates the looming security risks. Uptimecdn.com’s scope is for browser to be redirected to specific address, while the destination website may lead to additional download of adware or worst than that, a malware infection.
To sum up, browser redirect such as Uptimecdn.com is risky. Therefore, it is advice to remove this browser redirect and pop-ups before it can cause further harm. Complete guide to get rid of this threat is presented on the next segment.
Uptimecdn.com Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
This malware removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any threats like Trojan, virus, PUP, adware and malicious redirects like Uptimecdn.com. The tool is powerful enough to find hazardous items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
To remove Uptimecdn.com from Mac OS, please use the tool that was designed specifically for Macintosh users.
Malwarebytes For Mac Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file mb3-setup-consumer-x.x.x.xxxx.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Uptimecdn.com.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Uptimecdn.com and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Stage 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Uptimecdn.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Uptimecdn.com
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Uptimecdn.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Uptimecdn.com from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Uptimecdn.com. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Uptimecdn.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Uptimecdn.com home page hijacker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Uptimecdn.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see view instructions here.