Google Chrome browser extension named Untrack Search is considered one of the many unwanted program that belongs to family of adware. On this instance, it claims to let user search the web more privately, without any cookies and objects to track their online activities. It can sneak onto the computer while taking advantage of free programs currently offered on various websites. Once user executes the freeware where it is bundled, Untrack Search immediately modifies certain settings on Google Chrome. Most affected is the homepage, which will present a new homepage and supersedes the preferred settings of user.
In addition, Untrack Search overrules default search engine. When searching the web, this adware redirects all inquiries to alternative websites wherein customized search outcome includes paid links and other promotional materials. Adware makers intend to confuse web users so that they may not distinguish result links from paid links. As such, user may unintentionally click on links that can generate profit via pay-per-click scheme.
As you can see, existence of Untrack Search is merely to gain revenue online. Although it is promoted as a tool that provides online privacy to users, the main intention is to present advertisements. This deceiving moneymaking scheme by Untrack Search keeps on annoying so many users who have the extension on their browser. Therefore, these victims are in need of quick and effective solution to get rid of the adware. For this reason, we are publishing the most efficient way to remove Untrack Search from the browser as well computer systems. Our procedures will not only take out the Adware. Much more, we aspire to remove suspicious freeware that established Untrack Search. Please follow the guide in exact order to ensure complete removal of all malicious programs from the computer.
How to Remove Untrack Search
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Untrack Search
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Untrack Search entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Untrack Search. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Untrack Search from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Untrack Search on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Untrack Search from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Untrack Search from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Untrack Search by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Untrack Search removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Untrack Search. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Untrack Search. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.